2016 GT350R

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
Tracked and will continue tracking mine.

raiderjatt02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jessie
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Track Pack; 1995 GT - Saleen Clone
I've had two track days so far. One at Laguna Seca and one at Sonoma. Need to get out to Thunderhill.

-T
I want to go to Laguna Seca so bad but I need to find a solution for the sound restrictions. It's on my bucket list but I think I'll need to do it in a different car. I don't want to just putt putt around the track worried about getting kicked out.

Rogue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 Carrera S, Boss 302 Laguna Seca, Jagua
I had a Boss 302 Laguna Seca and I did the Track Attack school and then went nuts hitting every track in the SE multiple times. It was a great three years. I sold the Boss 302 last August after my order for a Shelby GT350 was locked in. I had the GT350 on the track at NOLA Motorsport 2 weeks after delivery (arrived at the track with exactly 1,007 miles) and it was awesome.

Lately I have been enjoying this car so much driving it on backroads and highways that I haven't really felt the urge to sign up for another track event. I'll have to get it on Road Atlanta at least at some point but i'm not in a rush. It's a handful in the garage I love it.

Sponsored

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
Was just wondering how many of the guys with new 350 and 350R Mustangs are tracking there cars now, ( We all know Bossing is ) and the guys that will be Receiving there cars soon, would be Interesting to see how many cars will be seeing the track! Thanks :cheers: John
I wasn't very clear in my first post and realized later that you posed a very good question. I plan on doing 2-3 events a year. I will say this for those that have not tracked their car yet. Do nothing to it! Just adjusted the tire pressure in accordance with the FP recommendations. You will be amazed! This car needs nothing!!!!! I am no professional driver but have had my fair share of track events to include the Green Hell. I ran in both the Intermediate groups, many cars with slicks and track only vehicles. I can tell you that I passed cars with slicks and cars that are supposedly much more capable. As I mentioned I am no professional and I know that skill plays a huge factor but! I can promise you the car is what made me stand out, not my skill. Or rather, the Car allowed me to drive faster, brake later, etc. The only modification I have done is the oil catch cans from FP and will eventually get in on the track key. But please take my advice, drive the car as is and you will see what I mean. 1st HPDE with Rezoom @ Barber MSP 02APR16. Low temp 59F and high of 70F. Ran all day, a total of five 30 minute sessions. No temp issues, no brake fade only cold tires between sessions. Give yourself a couple laps to put heat in the tires and they will grip better than expected. I hit 1.28G's to the left and 1.17G's to the right and well over 1g (can't quite remember but will post a pic soon) braking. Never once did I lose the car except for very little tire squeal throughout the day and I mean little. The tires held up well and have a little over 2k miles on them with 5/32 thread left on all four. : )

Rainier42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Performance Blue GT350R
Will be swapping out my BMW 128i for my GT350 at BMW driving events.

Toodles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Terminated Cobra
I bought the R knowing I was going to track the hell out of it. I want to show people what it's capable of and push my limit as a driver.

Orange_voodoo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Competition Orange
Definitely will be taking it to the track in the near future. But I have to pick it up on friday first. I´m going to be tracking at the Nürburgring.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I had the GT350 on the track at NOLA Motorsport 2 weeks after delivery (arrived at the track with exactly 1,007 miles) and it was awesome.
The car I drove today at the GT350 track attack (car #13) had about 60 miles on it. So much for the 100 mile full throttle and 1000 mile track use break in period......

It was a blast today, but I don't think I'd want to woop on MY car like I did on the track attack car I had today.

Attend the Track attack. Best day in as long as I can remember. You will see how capable the car is. However we rode em hard and put em away wet. I don't think I'll be doing that to mine.
Sponsored