oldboy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Handle says it all. 71 in Sept.
2015 5.0, 6MT, FR PP2. Plus 2007 Aprilia Tuono, 2008 Triumph Street Triple, 1975 Norton Commando, 2008 SLK350.
Owned 5 Mustang GT's since 2001. Each new one was a better Mustang. This is the first that is also a better car. Prior models racked up mileage in business. This one will be around for a while. For replacement I see a Model 3 Tesla Performance or equal in a few years. RIP, ICE.
You don't have to act old, but you gotta stay away from acting stupid.

texaswrx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP MAGNETIC
AARP starts sending you mail at 50 years old. I consider you old if AARP wants you.
Screw AARP. I just turned 50, and this is the 4th Mustang, in a long line of performance cars owned.

OP
OP
kinchy

kinchy

Kinchy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium - Magnetic Black Accent -Manual Previous was 2016 GT Premium PP-Magnaflow -Short Throw Shifter
Nice 1st post, Mike D.

For what it's worth... I dropped a note to Admin asking them to review this thread and consider your request with a new topic area. This could be met with enthusiasm or disinterest. There's no tellin'. There is much they will have to consider before making such a move and work involved should they decide to cater to your requests. But the more requests you posts... well I can't hurt.
GL experienced ones and thanks for the camaraderie posted here. Now I'll be looking for more old guys to thumb-up when I'm out in my Stang :like:

Hey thanks for doing that. It appears there's sufficient interest.
Wayne

Sponsored

OP
OP
kinchy

kinchy

Kinchy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium - Magnetic Black Accent -Manual Previous was 2016 GT Premium PP-Magnaflow -Short Throw Shifter
today's pic. Just wish I still had my 7 car garage....I guess you can only drive one at a time.
IMG_20181115_104249286_HDR.jpg
Those wheels look great with that color.

Rover

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scotty
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT , Porsche Boxster S, BMW X5d, FORD Transit Diesel, 2500 Ram Diesel, Mazda CX5
Vehicle Showcase
Hey thanks for doing that. It appears there's sufficient interest.
Wayne
Hi Wayne - sorry to say - I got no reply. I asked real nice too?

JRuss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
As a senior citizen I'm curious-how many other old guys are buying Mustang GTs? When I traded in my E350 (for my 19 GT) the look on the salesman's face was priceless.
I'm wondering how much of an anomaly I might be and if not, how many other "older enthusiasts" are enjoying their GTs?
I get questions constantly at the car wash (typically from Audi and Beemer owners) "Sir is that your car? How do you like it?" Translation - why the hell is an oldtimer like you driving that?
It's simple - you're never too old to enjoy a well balanced platform that brings a smile to your face each time you press that button. The active exhaust simply enhances the experience.
W

Tony T

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible
The majority of you guys make me feel young at 59! Lol
But it’s good to see all the senior Mustang owners here. My 2015 GT is the one I’m going to keep. My sons will have to fight over it the day I become worm food..

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP

Sponsored

JRuss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I'm about to give up the Sports and muscle cars due to my stinking insurance company for 35 years. I have never had a ticket or an accident since I have been with them. I take the the safe drivers coarse every time I, required. But since the day I turned 80 they have raised my Liability rate tremendously.on both car but the GT twice each time as the SUV. I called and was told they would be going up every renewal. Asked why and she says because they will. Wouldn't tell me it had to do with my age. In 35 years the only claim I had was a chipped windshield repaired NO REPLACED!! Other insurance companies are wih in a few dollars of each other, If I get an estimate and put my age at 78 the cost drops dramatically. So be prepared if you are nearing 80 because these bastards are going to get into your pocket.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I'm about to give up the Sports and muscle cars due to my stinking insurance company for 35 years. I have never had a ticket or an accident since I have been with them. I take the the safe drivers coarse every time I, required. But since the day I turned 80 they have raised my Liability rate tremendously.on both car but the GT twice each time as the SUV. I called and was told they would be going up every renewal. Asked why and she says because they will. Wouldn't tell me it had to do with my age. In 35 years the only claim I had was a chipped windshield repaired NO REPLACED!! Other insurance companies are wih in a few dollars of each other, If I get an estimate and put my age at 78 the cost drops dramatically. So be prepared if you are nearing 80 because these bastards are going to get into your pocket.
I don't know if they are true but have heard lots of bad things about insurance in Florida. Out of curiosity, you might want to get a quote from the same companies using an address in another state.

Rover

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scotty
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT , Porsche Boxster S, BMW X5d, FORD Transit Diesel, 2500 Ram Diesel, Mazda CX5
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
kinchy

kinchy

Kinchy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Vehicle(s)
Okay so now we have 2 votes! I would say to the Admin every post in this thread is a yes vote :like:
I would agree. The responses continue surprising me. Actually I'm feeling a bit younger given the age specifics a few have admitted to.
Here I thought I was part of a small segment of antiquated muscle car pilots. I'm starting to feel normal..
W

saleen367

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 HP N3451 2015 Focus
I posted a request and a poll in the site question forum: https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/requesting-forum-for-senior-mustang-owners.122898/

I also asked the admin if it would be possible. Since forums don't just magically appear, I'm sure the more people who vote yes in the poll the more likley it will happen, so head on over.
Some of us hinted around for a PP2 section as well, but got crickets ... I'm assuming they are too busy moderating the 2018 Mach l section. :wink:
Sponsored