Sponsored

How low before bumpsteer kit becomes crucial? PSI recommendations?

MartinNoHo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 (2014-2020), 2018 Mustang GT Premium yellow (2020-XXXX)
What's the lowest our mustangs should be before a bumpsteer kit becomes crucial? My car is lowered 1.2" front and .8" back which is the highest setting on my coilovers, but it looks much higher than 1.2", it looks stock (probably got use to it). Also, I have no idea why but lowering my rear PSI by 2 (34 F 32 R, semi-hot) today made my car handle much better. Anyone have a recommended PSI they enjoy?
Sponsored

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
What's the lowest our mustangs should be before a bumpsteer kit becomes crucial? My car is lowered 1.2" front and .8" back which is the highest setting on my coilovers, but it looks much higher than 1.2", it looks stock (probably got use to it). Also, I have no idea why but lowering my rear PSI by 2 (34 F 32 R, semi-hot) today made my car handle much better. Anyone have a recommended PSI they enjoy?
I run 34/32 also. Feels right. As for the bump-steer kit, do you feel you need it? If not, then no worries. I drove for a year or so without one while lowered 1.1”F/0.5”R and was fine.

However, I strongly recommend the Steeda bump steer and roll-center correction kit for any Mustang lowered an inch or more. This kit, while not “crucial,” made an incredible improvement in steering and handling.

wcharon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT 2019 Race Red with Package 301A
Just curious. Is this 34/32 pressure is on 19 or 20" tires or it doesn't make any difference?

Thanks...

wcharon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT 2019 Race Red with Package 301A
Perfect. Thanks...

KellTrac

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.kelltrac.com
Vehicle(s)
All of them
Most people who install a bumpsteer kit do not know if they needed it or not, nor did they likely set it up properly.

If you actually measure bumpsteer you would want to install it after lowering the front of the car more than about 0.800"..."technically"

If you install it based on where you would likely actually notice it? 1.25"+ of drop. Most people with drops between 1-2" up front that have experienced bump likely didn't even realize it.

IMHO - bumpsteer kits are on of the most oversold and overrated products for the S550 Mustangs.
Sponsored