Sponsored

How long (miles) to break in the Tremec?

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Your posts reminded me of another impression I have of Tremec vs. Getrag. I think the MT82 works well with faster shifts, but the Tremec is better if you are a little more deliberate with your shifts.
Sponsored

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Mine just keeps getting smother still at 3300 miles. Admittedly, the beginning was a bit rough. Absolutely love it now.

JuicySmollet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Juicy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 (M2440)
almost 11K miles with the Tremec...maybe it's the clutch, but even just rowing gears was a chore at 500 miles compared to 3000 miles. at 10K i'm shifting with 2 fingers, albeit deliberate, but still doesn't take as much force to engage it.

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
My Magnum was and is stiff going into reverse at cold/ambient. The first few miles the shifts are crisp but nothing out of line. After it reaches moderate temps, it's like butter. Having a good shifter helps and my gears were all polished prior to assembly so not sure if those make a difference. And I'm running the friction modifier.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
I’ve noticed 2nd gear likes to breathe a bit. You cannot rush shifts and resist the temptation be too quick off the clutch. I tried that to stay in traffic. Found letting the gears rev out works better. Slow is fast and fast will make your Mustang feel like a Bronco …..buck.
Sponsored