Sponsored

How long infotainment will go on battery without engine running?

Pronichkin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Artem
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Conv (totaled by a puma); 2021 GT Conv PP1
I often just sit in the car waiting for someone. I prefer to use infotainment (wi-fi hotspot, music, etc.) during those times, and sometimes it lasts for couple hours. How concerned I should be about remaining battery capacity assuming the engine is off? It this makes any difference, I'm talking about a new 2021 GT. Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
my gf just sat in the car for 2 hours while I was at a doc appointment, I have a 500 watt subwoofer amp etc. but I turned off the car lights, (turned dial all way to left) and told her dont use the ac /fans/heated or cooling etc anything. just music.

came out, and started right up.

Qckslvr

fiercely mediocre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Base GT
My wife some how left the car in accessory mode when she went in for work. The car has the JL audio stealth box with 1000 watt amp. She came out for her lunch break and the car was stone dead. Triple A dropped a new battery in it :(

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
My wife some how left the car in accessory mode when she went in for work. The car has the JL audio stealth box with 1000 watt amp. She came out for her lunch break and the car was stone dead. Triple A dropped a new battery in it :(
boooo. that blows.

but did she have the light switch (turn dial) all way to left? I feel those lights eat a lot.

Qckslvr

fiercely mediocre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Base GT
boooo. that blows.

but did she have the light switch (turn dial) all way to left? I feel those lights eat a lot.
She leaves the headlights on auto mode. So I am not sure if they were on or not. That night I went through the car looking for draws, dash cam, amp, cell phone charger. Everything was turning off when the car was turned off. In accessory mode though all the above would be on, I am sure it was the amp that was main culprit, I doubt the dash cam draws that much power.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
She leaves the headlights on auto mode. So I am not sure if they were on or not. That night I went through the car looking for draws, dash cam, amp, cell phone charger. Everything was turning off when the car was turned off. In accessory mode though all the above would be on, I am sure it was the amp that was main culprit, I doubt the dash cam draws that much power.
my 500 (mono d amp) JL500 watt lasted 2 hours. and she listens pretty loud, she isn't shy when im not around. poor thing.
Sponsored