Sponsored

How long did you want a Mustang before you got one and what did it take to make it possible?

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
Probably from my teens, but thought it would never happen as I needed it to be RHD, so thought it would never happen, when the S550 was introduced to the U.K. I ordered one and the long wait began for delivery, thought this one would be with forever car, but I have already ordered my 2nd and is being built as we speak, i just love them :like::inlove:
Sponsored

BrianH87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT ; 2021 Explorer ST
I always loved the fox bodies when I was little, but the cobra r in 2000 really made me a fan. I got into turbo awd platforms from 2003 to 2013, before I finally got my first pony in 13.

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
Used to hate all pony cars built past the mid 70's. Then I almost made a deal on a fox body with a racing engine in it. That fell through, and I pretty much forgot about them. When the S197 came out, I was infatuated. When a fellow engineer at my company in Chicagoland bought a blackout GT, and I was jelly. By my 3rd year in Chicago, I didn't have a car, as I didn't need one. Ended up taking a job in SC, and quickly realized I couldn't survive without a car. Walked into the Ford dealer with X-plan, dealer tossed me the keys for a blue GT and told me to have fun, then I came back and bought the car with 0% financing.
A year later, the markets were tanking, and I was laid off with my manager on the 2nd round of massive layoffs. I did odd jobs in the area for another 6-8 months, but ended up having to move to Richmond for another engineering job. Well, Richmond had real winters, and the S197 didn't like going up hills in snow. After only 3 years of ownership, I traded it in on a WRX STI. Biggest mistake I have ever made. I missed that Mustang so damn much. The release of the S550 reignited that Mustang spark again. I worked my ass off to get the finances in order just to buy one. I would have purchased it sooner, had I not bough a stupid boat a couple years ago.

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
Before this one, I had the same Mustang since I had my learner's permit. 2000 V6 automatic, the epitome of the classic shit Mustang. When the S550 stuff started leaking I decided that would probably be the one for me to get as I didn't like the whole retro era much. 22 year old unemployed college grad me watched the Good Morning America episode where they nationally debuted a red S550, fell in love, got a career, got 3 promotions, financial situation ended up being right in time for me to get a MY2018.

Worth the wait.

mstnggt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Magnetic
Long story short, back in 1998 the wife and I went to take our baby to the store but the baby stroller did not fit in the trunk of my 1997 Mustang GT. I tried everything to get that thing in there but it just wouldn't fit. Traded it in one week later for a Taurus. My daughter is now 18, headed to college, done with sports, and I finally get my 2016 Mustang GT!!! It was a long 18 years!!

Sponsored

Remander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang GT Fastback
Worked at a Lincoln-Mercury dealership in high school, during the Fox body days. We had multiple come across the used lot. I was a detailer, so I got to drive them, as well as clean them up. I remember thinking that one day I'd have one of my own. Ended up lucking into a great deal on a used 35th anniversary Thunderbird SC in college, and that became my first sports car experience. Damn, I loved that car. Drove it into the ground, then got married. Spent years driving family sedans. This year, I decided enough with that! I'm getting back into a sports car! When I heard the 18 GT was going to get the 10R80, that pretty much sealed it for me. Only car I bothered to test drive. Ordered in January and took delivery in April. They say it's hard to beat your first love, but this car is amazing!
20180421_192321.jpg

monnietron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Monica
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I've always loved Mustangs, never thought about owning one. I always drove Hondas. When the 2015 Mustangs came out, they immediately stood out to me, but again, didn't even consider buying one. One day I was driving past a dealership near home, and they had a Magnetic 17 out on the lot. For hahas I decided to stop. Once I drove it I had to have it =p

Chad11491

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Lightning Blue GT Premium PP
I've always liked them, and my dad had a school bus yellow boss i remember vaguely as a kid and i thought it was the coolest thing ever. What made me really want one was when my dad has his f350 at the dealership one time and they were unloading a new edge saleen off the truck and it just sounded badass and me and my dad both were drooling over it. I went to look at 13-14 GT's when i graduated college, but being 23 at the time the insurance was more than the car payment. When I turned 25 i got a quote on a 15 and it was finally cheap on insurance so i traded my BRZ in on it. Funnily enough it cost more than my mustang does now on insurance. Been happy with it ever since.

Maggneto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Premium PP/Navi/ZF(6R80) Shaker Pro
I never imagined I would own a Mustang until we saw a new 2015 on a dealer lot while looking at a WRX STI. The previous generations of Mustangs were not appealing to me personally but the redesign, and 2.3 Turbo combination were the reasons I changed my mind and purchased the Mustang.

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2020 Charger ScatPackWB
I have wanted a Mustang since I was about 10 yrs old. Bought my first one when I was 17 (1st car was a 1972 Torino at 16). It was an '84 GT with T-tops. I've probably owned 15 different Mustangs since then including my 2015 Mustang GT Limited Edition #1141 in Kona Blue
IMG_0531.JPG

Sponsored

Grey03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2017 Raptor, 2021 BMW M340i
I have wanted a Mustang since I was about 10 yrs old. Bought my first one when I was 17 (1st car was a 1972 Torino at 16). It was an '84 GT with T-tops. I've probably owned 15 different Mustangs since then including my 2015 Mustang GT Limited Edition #1141 in Kona Blue
IMG_0531.JPG
Very similar for me. In junior high (during the 80's) I had a friend whose dad restored mustangs. I was always over at their house and they always had the coolest mustangs that they were restoring. I got to ride in GT350's, Boss 302's, and Mach 1's. Well when it came time for my first car it was a 66 Mustang coupe with a straight 6. I paid $700 for that first car... It ran good and looked good on the outside but was completely rusted out on the floor boards. It had no interior except for the driver seat. No carpet, passenger seat, rear seat, or even door panels. It was a death trap.. I bought new parts for the car and my friends dad did all the metal work for me for free. I ended up selling that car for $3000 and bought an 84 GT350 with t-tops. I have since owned many different Mustangs since then, 88 GT, 95 Cobra, 00 GT, 03 Cobra, 05 GT, 10 GT500, 15 EB Mustang, and currently have a 19 GT on order.

Black Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Purchased my first mustang during my freshman year in college. It was a 1971 Mach 1. I really enjoyed that car. The ladies also enjoyed it too. About 15 years ago, I decided that I wanted at least one more mustang. But unfortunately, life and young kids got in the way. I purchased a SUV to haul the kids around, but after they graduated from high school and then on to college, they had their own cars and didn't need dad to haul them around anymore. In March of 2016, I was involved in a car accident less that 2 miles from home. A lady with a Tesla turned in front of me. I tried to stop but there wasn't enough distance. Even though I was ready to purchase another vehicle, it was the perfect time to finally get that mustang. I purchased a 2016 GT and it has become my weekend car. I'm in the process of doing some mods, including suspension, brakes, wheels and a power performance package(either 2 or 3). I'm also thinking about purchasing another mustang within the next 2 years, either a 2003 Mach 1 or a 2013 Boss 302. I am planning to keep my 20016 for a very long time. If the next generation mustang catches my eye, I will purchase one also, but I will keep the 2016.

DickR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GTPP MagneRide 301A 10A and 1997 GT
Wanted? 1964 in my first year of college but too broke to do more than "want".
First Mustang? 1969 351 ordered through an agent at the PX in Vietnam. Saving combat pay made it possible.
Subsequent Mustangs? 88 LX 5.0 and 97, 01, 12, 15, and 18 GT's. All special/factory ordered. Engineer pay made them possible.
Current Mustangs? the 97 and 18 GT's.

320guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EB PP soon
I always liked mustangs since I was a kid. In 2016, I got a better job and decided to get a 2017. Then they revealed the 2018, the new digital cluster and A10 transmision got my attention, so I decided to wait. Then I wanted to wait for 2019 EB because of the active exhaust and BO sound, but RC was been discontinued. So I ran to the biggest dealer I could find close to me and ordered the RC in March 28th. It took 4 months to get to the dealer due to random quality control checks...

It’s been 1 week with me and every day I stare at it. Awesome car, even though I can afford a GT, I felt the EB was the correct choice for me (first timer sport car owner)
45FD4FE6-7471-4246-88E0-BD79378D717A.jpeg

QRK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
I always knew I'd have a Mustang at some point in my life. I credit the brand new Deep Violet '96 GT that my Pappap - who was selling Fords at the time - took me to dinner in when I was 5 for making me the car nut I am today. It was always just a question of when.

Wanted to buy a used New Edge Mach 1 when I was in college but they were too hard to come by. Later on, I was in my last semester of school and Ford unveiled the S550. I was daily driving the E30 at the time and already had a job lined up. The job was outside sales and I new I was gonna need something more fresh/reliable than the E30. My dad asked me one day what I was gonna buy and I said I had no idea. He goes, "how about that new Mustang? You're young, screw it."

Immediately started pricing them out, graduated around December 15th, found what I wanted and bought it Decemeber 30 of 2014. I didn't start my job until January 5th but my first payment wasn't due until after my first paycheck haha.
Sponsored

Last edited: