Sponsored

How long before we see some specs & prices?

DiPsTiCk

CrAzY dRiVeR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Mustang/64 Falcon Deluxe Station Wagon
Oh. Okay then. Thanks for the heads up. Nice site you have here...

:ford:
Sponsored

SynisterGT

Kooks + Corsa FTW!!
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
16 GT PP Mag/Redline
I'm gonna go with midnight since the order banks open up tom. Just a guess.

RTD

Threads
Reaction score
There's really nothing that says Ford has to release specs when they open the order banks.

I wouldn't be surprised one bit if tomorrow they release prices and an "estimated" horsepower level with no mention at all of weight.

If I remember, didn't GM go with an estimated horsepower and no mention of weight when they first started taking orders for the C7?

chopsui

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT
Yeah, there's really no compelling reason for Ford to release them yet. The factory will have plenty of orders in the pipeline for the first few months just from dealer stock and folks like us who are going to order no matter what.

Sponsored

Chris22888

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 400a guard 50th appearance
Its almost the 20th throw us a bone ford.

B-Fox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
F-350 Scorpion
I've been lurking here for a long time, I've been watching the TMS forum for this car from the time the 5.0 was released and at this point I'm getting pretty irritated that Ford won't release any information even though it's most likely been nailed down for a while now. I've got my fingers crossed we will see something at midnight, but with the letdown I got after driving to charlotte I'm trying not to get my hopes up.

Sponsored

Chris22888

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 400a guard 50th appearance
I doubt we see anything at midnight if they do hopefully its by social media be good marketing but I think they are loooking at the long game here if I know that a 2015 is only a 3% increase over a 2014 I am not going to buy a 2014 so they can't tell us anything to soon or the sales of 2014 will drop and the 2015 aren't on the lots ready to move yet.

B-Fox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
F-350 Scorpion
What's bothersome about it is that it seems to be some sort of poker game to Ford, to the point that it feels like dishonesty to us. It won't matter in the end so this is absolutely a waste of worry, I guess being open and up front with your customers is a luxury long gone in this world I suppose.

The Sarge

I really dont see this as Ford being dishonest or screwing with customers. It comes down to competitive advantage and they still have to sell 2014's. I don't like waiting either but it is pretty simple and makes sense from a business standpoint

ilkhan

435 ilkhan approved HP.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
[Gone 2016 400A] > 2017 F150
I really dont see this as Ford being dishonest or screwing with customers. It comes down to competitive advantage and they still have to sell 2014's. I don't like waiting either but it is pretty simple and makes sense from a business standpoint
Bingo. The more they tell people about the 2015s, the more they are going to have to discount 2014s to move them. Just think of it this way; the more they have to delay telling us about the new model, the more of an improvement its likely to be.

Nate408

Threads
Reaction score
Agreed. If I was a Ford exec I'd be doing exactly what they are doing. It isn't ideal for us impatient enthusiasts but it maximizes their profit, and at the end of the day that is all business is about.
Sponsored