How fast is the 2019 gt?

Bigheadz64

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang 5.0
I read somewhere that the 0-60 speed of the 2019 mustang ten speed should be under 4 seconds.
Has anyone actually got close to this time?
I’m currently at about the 5 second mark. Granted I’ve only used the timer a handful of times and it was in sports plus at the time.
Would drag mode make the time quicker?
Sponsored

GW65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT auto convertible
I think one of the US mags claimed to have done a 3.99 0-60 in an A10 fastback, but you have to watch out with US mags because they tend to test on very grippy surfaces, don't worry about averaging in both directions, and often do a "5 foot roll out" which I think means they start timing after the car's been moving for 5 feet!? I think they sometimes even "correct" for altitude (DA). Guess it's their drag heritage showing through.

There's at least one thread in the main section of the forum on this very subject and about 4.5 seems to be the best anyone has done, but of course no guarantee the surface was completely level, etc. To get the best numbers you'll probably need to be in drag and fully disable traction control - then good luck if there's a slight camber in the road!

GW65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT auto convertible
Actually, just checked and the US mags do a 1 (not 5) foot roll out but never mention it because "it's standard"! So you can probably add a couple of tenths to their published numbers. (Also, modded cars need not apply :cwl: )

Even more interesting is that the 1 foot roll out is to make it consistent with drag racing timing (allegedly) which means those 11.99 1/4 mile times aren't real either. But hey, 12.2 is still pretty good!

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
All i'm gonna say is on track with an A10 those things shift some serious fucking weight, they're rapid. The manuals are still as fast as the driver is (albeit a bit more power than the s550.1's)

TehEno

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harry
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT - Tickford Supercharge Pack - Orange Fury
Vehicle Showcase
The 3.99 from Ford is on a prepped surface.
Sponsored