Sponsored

60's Fastback exhaust sound

jord79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Thanks for that. All that info is really interesting. One of my other hobbies is playing round with a Hammond organ and Leslie speaker set up I have and I've become a bit obsessed with acoustics.

And before anyone takes the p*ss, the Hammond isn't some sort of naff theatre or church organ, it's that classic instrument you hear in all kinds of rock, blues & jazz music. Think Deep Purple, Spencer Davies Group, Booker T & the MGs.
Sponsored

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
Most modern V8's have a crossover point somewhere in the system and I think that's what happens in the resonator box of the S550. So you don't tend to get such a characterful idle noise.
Presumably there's a good reason for this as the X and H pipe replacements also join. Anybody on here done the resonator delete mod on it's own?

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
Thanks for that. All that info is really interesting. One of my other hobbies is playing round with a Hammond organ and Leslie speaker set up I have and I've become a bit obsessed with acoustics.

And before anyone takes the p*ss, the Hammond isn't some sort of naff theatre or church organ, it's that classic instrument you hear in all kinds of rock, blues & jazz music. Think Deep Purple, Spencer Davies Group, Booker T & the MGs.
An awesome sound. I'm with you.

jord79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Has it got wood though?
If you didn't know that the leslie was a speaker, you'd think it was a chest of drawers!

145-1.jpg

Sponsored

jord79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Ha ha!

But seriously, back on topic...

What is the benefit of the X-pipe, or rather what is the drawback of removing it or replacing with an H-pipe?

Presumably an X-pipe aids better breathing or reduces back pressure? I'd consider going down the H-pipe or dual in/out muffler if it helped obtain a more vintage sound but not if it is going to inhibit performance.
Sponsored