Sponsored

How do you remove this part?

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former: GT 21 Roush Twister Orange RIP | ECO 2016
So the panel that fits in that spot can be removed easily by lifting the tray in front and getting a hook tool underneath the bottom edge. Pull it back toward you at the ends. You will need to make a clearance hole behind the trim panel for your wires.
Here is my DSP controller mounted to the surface of that panel:
20200619_133654.jpg
20200621_185050.jpg
Looks great, what "does it do"? I searched on the net for DSP controllers, no clue what they are for..
Sponsored

Saxgod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350, 2021 Bronco Sport Outerbanks
Man I took that piece off today and had no idea it was solid plastic behind it. Shoot. So it’s either a lot of dremeling or surface mount it. I did make some cool replacements on the printer though.

OP
OP
StangTime

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Looks great, what "does it do"? I searched on the net for DSP controllers, no clue what they are for..
It controls certain aspects of my audio system. I primarily use it to adjust the subwoofer level on the fly.

Saxgod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@StangTime Thanks again for your previous reply. I got the trim piece removed and was definitely surprised at how solid it looked behind there.

When you trimmed out a hole for your wiring was there anything to be careful of behind that area?

Also a little curious of how you fished your wire (or did you just remove the entire radio trim).

Thanks!

OP
OP
StangTime

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
@StangTime Thanks again for your previous reply. I got the trim piece removed and was definitely surprised at how solid it looked behind there.

When you trimmed out a hole for your wiring was there anything to be careful of behind that area?

Also a little curious of how you fished your wire (or did you just remove the entire radio trim).

Thanks!
Nothing of concern behind that panel. It's open beyond the plastic barrier. You can fish a wire underneath the edge or Dremel out a hole and go through. Your wire will be on top of the transmission tunnel. Reach around the back and you will just barely be able to fit your hand in the gap. Consider attaching the wire to the end of a coat hanger or something and using that to push the wire toward the front where you can grab it.

This is where I cut mine to allow for the wire to pass. You can cut the area in yellow, but I would leave the area in orange as it supports the panel. The area you see in blue is the sheet metal of the trans hump. Beyond this are is a foam pad likely for sound absorbing. Keep your wire on top of the foam avoid mangling it when you fish your wire through.
panel cut.png

Saxgod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing of concern behind that panel. It's open beyond the plastic barrier. You can fish a wire underneath the edge or Dremel out a hole and go through. Your wire will be on top of the transmission tunnel. Reach around the back and you will just barely be able to fit your hand in the gap. Consider attaching the wire to the end of a coat hanger or something and using that to push the wire toward the front where you can grab it.

This is where I cut mine to allow for the wire to pass. You can cut the area in yellow, but I would leave the area in orange as it supports the panel. The area you see in blue is the sheet metal of the trans hump. Beyond this are is a foam pad likely for sound absorbing. Keep your wire on top of the foam avoid mangling it when you fish your wire through.
panel cut.png
Thanks again! Awesome explanation. I owe you a beer for sure. Exactly what I needed.
Sponsored