Sponsored

How do ship your wheel

Materials

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost 2.3T
Dear all,

I unfortunately bent my wheel at last track session and will have to ship the wheel back to the manufacturer, who will give me a new wheel at half price, but I will have to ship it myself. My question is how do guys always ship wheel? I went to Fedex and UPS, both of which ask ~100$ for ONE wheel. Is that reasonable? I just thought this price is bit crazy too me. The wheel at half price only costs me $160....

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

:cheers::cheers:
Sponsored

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer Platinum
Was that price to pack and ship?

I just had 2 new wheels delivered from DE to PA and they were 85 bucks. The further away you are, the more it will cost. If that price includes packing, and you are sending to the west coast, that seems reasonable.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Go to local office supply store. Ask them if they have any chair boxes they'd give you. Most wheels fit into a standard office chair box no problem and your local OfficeDepot will probably have no qualms about getting rid of a box.

I was just in Chicago with a box that would be PERFECT but I'm back in Atlanta now, haha.

OP
OP

Materials

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Go to local office supply store. Ask them if they have any chair boxes they'd give you. Most wheels fit into a standard office chair box no problem and your local OfficeDepot will probably have no qualms about getting rid of a box.

I was just in Chicago with a box that would be PERFECT but I'm back in Atlanta now, haha.
Great suggestion! Thanks.

OP
OP

Materials

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Was that price to pack and ship?

I just had 2 new wheels delivered from DE to PA and they were 85 bucks. The further away you are, the more it will cost. If that price includes packing, and you are sending to the west coast, that seems reasonable.
Yeah that includes packing. But even without packing they say they will charge similar. I will just throw the wheel into the box, that is all for packing right?

Sponsored

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer Platinum
Yeah that includes packing. But even without packing they say they will charge similar. I will just throw the wheel into the box, that is all for packing right?
They should put protection around it too. You can just pick up some bubble wrap when you get the boxes. 100 to ship one wheel still sounds high. Go on UPS.com once you know the size of the boxes and see what that costs.

OP
OP

Materials

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
Probably getting hit with oversize charges. It's crazy how they chart these things for shipping. Up to a certain size it's something like $22 then go one inch over and BLAM! $85+.

pbs2045

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT (DIB)
I see they use ShipNex and also read about some comments on ShipNex. What is your experience with ShipNex? Do they normally do it on time or have they ever lost your thing?
I only used it once, but when I did I had no issues at all.

10splaya22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
F150
Set up an account with Fedex or UPS and the price should drop a lot. If you know of anyone with an account through their company you can save a lot as well if they do lots of shipping. I used a business account from a friend and I was able to ship 4 wheels and tires together (~50 lbs each) for around $50 (VA to GA). I've also shipped 4 tires for ~$25-30 depending on the location.
Sponsored