Sponsored

How do I move front bumper?

Albertcado

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd
What's the easiest way to loosen or move the edge of the front bumper so I can touch-up paint this chip without the paint sticking to the bottom.
I tried touching it up with tape in between but the fitment is too tight. Is there an easy way I can loosen or nudge the corner of the front bumper down or to the side? If there is, how do I access the necessary bolts/nuts to loosen it and where exactly are they located?
By the way this chip seems to be on a lot of s550s, either in the rears or the front so check yours if you haven't.
This is not my picture, but someone else's on the forum who has the exact same chip and issue.

chip3-jpg.jpg
Sponsored

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
Try plastic wrap, saran wrap and such.
Should slide right in and right out.

OP
OP
Albertcado

Albertcado

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd
Try plastic wrap, saran wrap and such.
Should slide right in and right out.
it's too snug even for that, I had a small panic attack when the tape I squeezed in between ripped and I had to use tweezers to get the small flap of tape out. And the issue with having something so close while I touch up the chip is that the paint keeps bonding to the tape instead of the actual chip. I use a legit fine tip painters brush too.

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
If you really need to separate the fender and bumper to do the best touch-up job, then you will have to remove the wheel, and the fender liner (or least least the forward half of it). Then you will see the two 10mm bolts and plastic rivet that need to be removed. I think a 10mm gearwrench was useful, IIRC.

There are several different styles of plastic rivets that hold the fender liner, so try to keep track of which goes where. The edge of the liner fits up into the folded edge of the fender, so I just remove the forward half of the rivets and then yank out the edge of the liner from under the fender, and pull the liner partway back to expose the fender/bumper seam. Others may want to remove the liner entirely so as to be more gentle with their car.

Then just pull straight outward on the seam and the bumper clip should pop loose from the fender.

Polski

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marek
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP2 401A
Vehicle Showcase
A lot of new mustang that I saw at dealerships already have that chip. When buying mine, I saw it on the one I was supposed to get and I switched to a different one. Didn't want to deal with it.
Sponsored