How did you break in your gt350

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
The more you drive it in a spirited manner, the better you will get at shifting.
I found in the beginning, the transmission is pretty tight. Only now(1900 miles) is it starting to loosen up and the shifting and clutching is getting easier.
After doing the GT350 Track Attack last week, I realized just how smooth the transmission and clutch will eventually get. You need to drive the car at some high rpms, and do some shifting in the 5-7k range. These cars are most happy in the high rpm range.
Absolutely true. You will discover your car responds well to hard driving. The more you hammer on it the easier it is to drive.
Sponsored

5.2 L V8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2017 Avalanche Gray Shelby GT350
2017 GT350 Avalanche with Black stripes, Electronics pkg, standard track pack.

How many miles before first oil change? 1100
2) How many miles before racing? N/A
3) How many miles before dyno? N/A
4) How many miles before taking the RPM to 8250? About 1500
5) Have you ever reved the engine before reaching operating temps? Never
6) Have you used less than 91-93 octane fuel? 91 here in Cali. occasionally will put in Sunoco 100 unleaded race fuel (which makes it run awesome)
7) Stock or modified? Ford performance oil catch can and Blue air Filter, Shifteck resonator delete.
8) If your engine was replaced, at how many miles were on the original engine? Original
9) If you changed or had the oil changed, what oil did you use? 5w50 motorcraft
10) How often did you monitor your oil level or added oil? Once a month. Uses very little but I keep an eye on it.
11) If engine failure, please note cause. N/A - runs strong.

Joe Mac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT 350
Good point, I forgot to add that yes, I did rev it up to 4k, and then let it wind down on compression, especially on my original drive home. I too checked the oil this morning, and it was still full from the change at 200 miles.

Had some fun this afternoon, revving it too 6K, and frankly, I did not do well shifting quickly with the clutch shift combo, on try one, but did better on try two! The clutch is so light, I am used to my 66 race car and my S351 Saleens, with much heavier clutches, but I'll get it it! At 62, I don't need to prove anything, I just love the car for what it is! Thanks for your input, I greatly appreciate it.
get a 1000 miles on it and the trans and clutch will feel great
Sponsored