How crucial is exhaust?

jlstro3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Paxton car with catless LTH here with stock exhaust behind that. Not much louder than stock really unless i'm opening it up. For a while i got rid of the resonator and hated it! How it sounds now, i'm pretty content and i dont feel like it's choking or anything.
Sponsored

racingmason

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
I love the pitch increase I got with the Kooks long tubes through Borlas. Similiar to the Whipple, once the KB bypass valve closes the thing screams. I want to go catless but I know the noise will be to much to handle. I got compliments everywhere I go when i do some roll racing. That and the KB intake sucking in crazy amounts of air and the whine.

robwlf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
rob
Vehicle(s)
17 lightning blue pp LFP 670
im stage 1 tvs with factory cats with a 3 inch mbrp street cat back.. and it sounds good, 26k miles and the cats are fine ,your only going to melt shit when you keep doing passes like track wise ,or auto x... for reg spirited driving factory cats will hold up alot better then aftermarket. i might get the delete pipes next spring. im still debating

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
im stage 1 tvs with factory cats with a 3 inch mbrp street cat back.. and it sounds good, 26k miles and the cats are fine ,your only going to melt shit when you keep doing passes like track wise ,or auto x... for reg spirited driving factory cats will hold up alot better then aftermarket. i might get the delete pipes next spring. im still debating
Hey Rob how is the mbrp street catback with drone? I have the 3in race and the drone is crazy,also do u still have your resonator in?

TX-Ripper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 Whipple Stage 2 / 2018 F150 5.0 Whipple Stage 2
Keep the stock catback

Sponsored

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
check this out... you may also want to consider the Corsa Sport full cat back which works well with long tubes in regards to volume control.... don't get the extremes though...

robwlf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
rob
Vehicle(s)
Hey Rob how is the mbrp street catback with drone? I have the 3in race and the drone is crazy,also do u still have your resonator in?
street doesnt drone one bit, in any gear at any rpm... i was thinking about going to a race as i want a bit more

the res is out cause the kit comes with a h pipe

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
street doesnt drone one bit, in any gear at any rpm... i was thinking about going to a race as i want a bit more

the res is out cause the kit comes with a h pipe
Ok thanks man,if i were u i would keep the street then,because the race has alot of drone!!

robwlf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
rob
Vehicle(s)
i dont mind some drone.. a lot of drone to some might be nothing to others ,my car did muffler deletes with the factory res. which i didnt mind at all i just wanted a full 3 inch system i been looking at the awe track or might stay with mbrp and go race

Sponsored

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
Well.i have the race,not sure how far away u are from me but i would be up for trading straight up.

M151A2

Skinny old dude
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Emmett
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Got the 3" MBRP race and I love it. Lots of noise and yes, the Drone!
Wakes everyone up in the morning. Yea, I'm THAT asshole!

robwlf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
rob
Vehicle(s)
Well.i have the race,not sure how far away u are from me but i would be up for trading straight up.
i know last time i went out that way i want to baltimore harbor think its a bit over a hr and a half away from me.
and we would only have to swap tail sections mid pipes are the same.. i have the black mufflers and tips

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
Yes mine are black also,we could meet somewhere in the middle if u wanted.And yes u are are correct we would only have to switch the rear section of the exhaust.

robwlf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
rob
Vehicle(s)
im down to do that after the holidays
Sponsored