How can I crank my engine?

StangATX

Project Corrupted Cyclone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 S550 White Corrupted Cyclone
Hey everyone!

Quick question... How can I crank my car? :D Since we don't have a key it's kinda hard to crank our engine now. I'm about to change all my belts and I heard after I used the ratchet to crank my engine manually and replaced the belt. I have to go and crank my engine with the key before to really start it... Kinda screwed on that one :lol: Any ideas?

Thanks!
Sponsored

Tobey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Vert
? I don't completely understand what you're doing, but if you're just replacing the belts, just start it up.

OP
OP
StangATX

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Let me try to re-explain myself lol. Whenever you replace the smaller belt (from the AC Compressor to the Crank) We need to use a Ratchet to move the pulley and get the belt IN/OUT. However, once all the belts are replaced. I heard that I have to crank my engine without starting it to make sure the belts are all aligned properly before to really start my engine. The problem is that we can't really crank our engine with that push button...

OP
OP
StangATX

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just start the car. It'll be fine.

If it's not fine, you'll know pretty quickly.
I'll know so quick that I'll be SOL :lol:

Sponsored

fifteen5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6
You wont be SOL, worst case belt will slip off, I doubt any catastrophic failure.

Regardless >>>> Tap the start button as if you where starting the car, when you hear it first crank Tap the button again which will stop it from starting. or you can pull the Coil power/ engine power fuse(s).

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
pull the fuel pump fuse, it's how I learned to easily release fuel line pressure or prime a freshly built engine with oil. It will take a few extra cranks to build up the fuel pressure again when you actually want to restart it so make sure your battery isn't weak.

maddawg57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Comp Orange Premium PP GT
pull the fuel pump fuse, it's how I learned to easily release fuel line pressure or prime a freshly built engine with oil. It will take a few extra cranks to build up the fuel pressure again when you actually want to restart it so make sure your battery isn't weak.

Better tell OP to put said fuel line back on before he turns it over or we will be reading about his fire.

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
Better tell OP to put said fuel line back on before he turns it over or we will be reading about his fire.
Fuel pump FUSE not fuel line,

If you disconnect a fuel line while cranking the car you will have quite a mess on your hands and a potential fire.

OP
OP
StangATX

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for y'all's ideas. I also heard that if I push my gas pedal all the way it'll prevent the engine to start... I'll give it a shot before to change everything.

Sponsored
OP
OP
StangATX

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well, The gas pedal did the trick! I took a quick video. I'll post it later on. Thanks for everyone's help and ideas!

OP
OP
StangATX

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
[ame]

GTBOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT, Royal Crimson, 10 speed, Active Exhaust
Vehicle Showcase
Yep. When you floor it while cranking, the ecu turns the fuel injectors off. Great procedure for cleaning out a fuel-flooded motor.
Sponsored