Sponsored

HOT ROD Throws a 2016 Chevrolet Camaro SS on the Dyno

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
GM said that it was something to do with the intercooler. Also GM did not change the brake pads. Both pretty stupid mistakes.
Don't worry, GM will get a free pass from General Motors Trend and send in a ringer in a month or two that puts down some crazy time, just like they have done in the past
Sponsored

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
So some can be educated on what caused the DNF at Motor Trend's BDC, here is the exact explanation from GM. BTW even though folks have experienced issues, many Z06's are still fine... I won't go down that path again back 'n forth so just believe what you want to believe anyways. I know mine is a consistent performer even with rising oil temps when pushed very hard... just finished an autox'd (won my class) and have 2 track days again this weekend. Quite very happy with the Z... I don't want no relic C5 or C6.

And having the combo of the GT350 and the Z06 for me is something I'm even more excited about... I can't wait to track it and experience the similarities & differences alike.
21670646033_a3575d1093_c.jpg

5.0 435

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
.07 Shelby SGT #0016 ...18 GT PP1 manual
So some can be educated on what caused the DNF at Motor Trend's BDC, here is the exact explanation from GM. BTW even though folks have experienced issues, many Z06's are still fine... I won't go down that path again back 'n forth so just believe what you want to believe anyways. I know mine is a consistent performer even with rising oil temps when pushed very hard... just finished an autox'd (won my class) and have 2 track days again this weekend. Quite very happy with the Z... I don't want no relic C5 or C6.

And having the combo of the GT350 and the Z06 for me is something I'm even more excited about... I can't wait to track it and experience the similarities & differences alike.
So you can use the z06 to go to the red neck part of town. Then use the 350 for the other side of the tracks. Just kidding !!!
What is that the coffee and donut crowd ? Haha
Once you get your 350 send us some comparison views. Is that your chair with the sun shade ? At first glance it looked like a wing on your car.

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
So you can use the z06 to go to the red neck part of town. Then use the 350 for the other side of the tracks. Just kidding !!!
:D Either way, I'll stand out... :cheers:

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
[/QUOTE]

Looking forward to your comments and feedback once we finally are able to receive our cars.

Will you be tracking your 50th Anniversary 2015 GT350 or do you have another car coming?

:shrug:

Sponsored

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback

The color on your Z06 and those lines, LOOK AMAZING. I think the lines are beautiful on these cars. Gorgeous!!

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
Looking forward to your comments and feedback once we finally are able to receive our cars.

Will you be tracking your 50th Anniversary 2015 GT350 or do you have another car coming?

:shrug:
If I turn away the '16 then yes I'll still track the '15... I buy these cars to enjoy and experience on their turf where they were made to shine, so to speak. I'm about to do my double-digit track day with my Z and there are so many that approach me and commend that I use it for where it's meant to be... not just hibernating in a garage or parking lot shows. Nothing wrong with that since I occasionally do attend car shows but the track IMO is where to really feel these types of cars. The new Shelby will be a blast for sure... I can't wait after it's broken in. And next spring or summer... the new RS will also hit the autox events for me. :thumbsup:

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
That is a nice color combo. I really wish chevy would come out with their own DOHC 32V motor and slap it into a stripped down C7 chassis.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
That is a nice color combo. I really wish chevy would come out with their own DOHC 32V motor and slap it into a stripped down C7 chassis.
memories of the early 90's ZR1. Loved those, too.

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
Agree, it pops... that's why I ordered this color contrasting combo back in 9/14. BTW the Magnetic GT350 is stunning... if I didn't have a darker gray car already I would have been highly tempted to get Magnetic instead of AG. Magnetic looks absolutely great on the new Shelby. When I saw it in person, all I thought of was "wow!" and IMO all it really needs is a contrasting interior (like red) but too bad Ford only offers one interior color (black) trim choice.

Even in non-R form, it's still sharp looking. Fluid & fast!

22153616512_ffb67933b2_b.jpg

Sponsored

CliffClavin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Van down by the river
Agree, it pops... that's why I ordered this color contrasting combo back in 9/14. BTW the Magnetic GT350 is stunning... if I didn't have a darker gray car already I would have been highly tempted to get Magnetic instead of AG. Magnetic looks absolutely great on the new Shelby. When I saw it in person, all I thought of was "wow!" and IMO all it really needs is a contrasting interior (like red) but too bad Ford only offers one interior color (black) trim choice.

Even in non-R form, it's still sharp looking. Fluid & fast!

Wow - that looks really good! Honestly this car looks so good in so many different colors.

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Yeah I would have went with magnetic as well but already have had this sterling gray GT for awhile now.

mookydo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
Once your buddies that purchased their new C7's are able to get some miles on them maybe they can join in on the class action lawsuit that was recently filed against General Motors over engine failures on the 7.0 liter V8.

You do also realize that during Motor Trends "Best Drivers Car" testing earlier this year that the Z06 came in dead last and was basically a DNF due to performance issues?

GM blamed the problem on bad gas but interestingly enough all of the cars in the testing received their gas from the same source.

Come on GM, step up and tell it like it is and don't blame bad gas for your continued engine failures.

Significant discounts??

Really?

:thumbsup::thumbsup:
gl The 7.0L engine that you are referring to was in the C6 Z06 not a C7. These guys both absolutely love their new C7 Singrays(not Z06) and yes the discounting is significant. You don't need to be bent over by a car dealer to purchase a great looking and performing car.
Sponsored