Hood Replacement Expectations

vernonator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT w/PP - Race Red
Had my hood replaced by the dealer due to the typical bubbling along the leading edge. What should my reasonable expectations be of the job? I finally got to do a good hand wash yesterday now that the weather is getting nice and there are a couple of flaws in the paint - one that is obviously a spec of dirt under the paint that is easily felt by finger nail - will certainly take it back and make them fix that.

Here is the kicker - they did NOT polish/buff the underside of the hood - it almost feels like they did not even clear coat it, there is a rough texture and it looks like it has a matte finish. For those that have had your hood replaced - normal or no? I don't want to go in there breathing fire about it if its to be expected.

I know its in here somewhere but can someone reply with the number to open a case with Ford incase it comes to that? Going to take it to the dealer next rain-free day we have to see what they say.
Sponsored

usgiorgi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
Unless your dealer has an in house bodyshop, they will not do much to help you, they'll tell you to go take it back to the body shop that did the job.

RIBS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Ruby Red
Had my hood replaced by the dealer due to the typical bubbling along the leading edge. What should my reasonable expectations be of the job? I finally got to do a good hand wash yesterday now that the weather is getting nice and there are a couple of flaws in the paint - one that is obviously a spec of dirt under the paint that is easily felt by finger nail - will certainly take it back and make them fix that.

Here is the kicker - they did NOT polish/buff the underside of the hood - it almost feels like they did not even clear coat it, there is a rough texture and it looks like it has a matte finish. For those that have had your hood replaced - normal or no? I don't want to go in there breathing fire about it if its to be expected.

I know its in here somewhere but can someone reply with the number to open a case with Ford incase it comes to that? Going to take it to the dealer next rain-free day we have to see what they say.
Mine came out great, paint blended to fenders and front fascia.my underside is just as glossy as the top. Of course I had problems, fitment, incorrectly install latch parts, missing labels, but I stayed on them nicely and got everything resolved......

Templarum

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT
I'm in the middle of a nightmare hood replacement. There were over a dozen specks of dirt painted over, the color was way off (looks like Royal Crimson instead of Ruby), tape residue cleared over, hinges and hardware not painted, broken attachments on cowling, and a damaged windshield from where the DA sander hit the glass repeatedly. I wish I had only a speck or two.

Take it back to body shop and see what they say. It's your best bet.
Sponsored