Hood Corrosion or Dirt In The Paint

Shaney

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang Costal Limited
This is a 2022 Mustang Costal Limited in Cyber Orange.

So I’ve been back and forth arguing with Ford over poor paint, and have made no headway besides this spot.
IMG_1125.jpeg

This is on the underside of the hood near the edge. Ford is claiming it’s dirt, is it possible that is actually hood corrosion? After seeing all the post about it I’m concerned of getting only a half fast fix. At the moment Ford is only agreeing to repaint the underside of my hood is that a acceptable fix or is it worth arguing for the whole hood?
Sponsored

Snakebyte

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible
This is a 2022 Mustang Costal Limited in Cyber Orange.

So I’ve been back and forth arguing with Ford over poor paint, and have made no headway besides this spot.
IMG_1125.jpeg

This is on the underside of the hood near the edge. Ford is claiming it’s dirt, is it possible that is actually hood corrosion? After seeing all the post about it I’m concerned of getting only a half fast fix. At the moment Ford is only agreeing to repaint the underside of my hood is that a acceptable fix or is it worth arguing for the whole hood?
If the exterior paint application is great...don't mess with it. Painting the underside-only is the better solution. Of course they need to correctly mask the perimeter. I've seen repaints that look good for about 2-3 years (depending on environmental factors) and then degrade to where the repaint was obvious.

We implemented paint robots at the truck manufacturer I worked for and we learned that a great painter can produce a totally awesome result, but unfortunately not all the time. A robot on the other hand may not be able to match those few totally awesome paint jobs, but robots applied great paint jobs consistently, truck after truck after truck. Attempting to touch up a robot-applied paint job after the truck had been built was a gamble, and warranty data confirmed it.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
2022 Ford Paint and Corrosion Warranty spells out that any aluminum panel that has corrosion (even corrosion without perforation) gets replaced, not repaired.

That to me looks like corrosion, not "dirt".

My response to Ford would be:
"If your quality control is so great, then how was this "dirt" qualified as passing your stringent quality control and final inspection standards? Maybe your warranty claims wouldn't be in the Billions if your assembly line inspections were not carried out with blinders on."

Tell them you want the hood replaced. Call the Ford 800#, ask for a Regional Rep. and file a claim if you haven't already.

dsiggi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Yea looks like corrosion to me as well. All dirt i've seen has been very small areas in paint.
Sponsored