Sponsored

Hey Texans, any recommendations and ideas for places to visit?

Lukasha

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Blue Dream

MtnBiker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
San Antonio and Austin. San Antonio has the Alamo and River Walk. Both great places to visit at least once in your life.

If your in the mood and have time, go to Fredricksburg. Thats in the hill country west of San Antonio. The roads are awesome and lend to a really fun drive.
Find some time and go to Alamo Springs Cafe. Take Old Highway *9. Order the "Cover Burger". Amazing. You'll thank me later.

Ground Speed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 White EB+PP
I'm joining the tour in Baytown and staying with it until it reaches Grand Prairie so I paid $99 for the multi-day. All the info you need is at http://www.hotrod.com/events/hot-rod-power-tour/2016/1601-official-hot-rod-power-tour-2016-f-a-q/

[MENTION=23909]Lukasha[/MENTION] - thanks for the link. So basically each day they drive to a location and spend the day/night at that location? What is at each location? For example, at COTA will there be track time availability, or is it more of a car show type atmosphere? I'm just trying to picture it. $100 is a lot for me to go but if there were a few laps around COTA in there, I'd probably do it. Thanks again! :cheers:

Lukasha

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Blue Dream
[MENTION=23909]Lukasha[/MENTION] - thanks for the link. So basically each day they drive to a location and spend the day/night at that location? What is at each location? For example, at COTA will there be track time availability, or is it more of a car show type atmosphere? I'm just trying to picture it. $100 is a lot for me to go but if there were a few laps around COTA in there, I'd probably do it. Thanks again! :cheers:
From reading the description on that page and talking with my friend who's done this a few years in a row, each stop has some kind of cool thing depending on the locale. On the FAQ page it seems to state that the Baytown stop will have a drag race going on (not with the Power Tour members participating, but actual drag races). Unfortunately there's nothing in the descriptions that state for sure what will happen at some of the other locales. My friend did get to drive the Indianapolis Speedway with his Mustang on a previous Power Tour so there is certainly the strong possibility we'll get to drive COTA, but there's no guarantee. If you don't want to do the multi-day, a single day registration is something like $30-40.

Jeff

strengthrehab

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Base GT with PP
The GF and I hit SA this past Saturday into Sunday. Saw the Alamo, Tower of the Americas, and had lunch and dinner at the Riverwalk.

We are going to hit Mustang Island at some point, but we are saving for a return trip to Ohio for the IndyCar Race at Mid-Ohio (I used to live 5 mins from that track before moving to Tx).

Sponsored

Ground Speed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 White EB+PP
The GF and I hit SA this past Saturday into Sunday. Saw the Alamo, Tower of the Americas, and had lunch and dinner at the Riverwalk.

We are going to hit Mustang Island at some point, but we are saving for a return trip to Ohio for the IndyCar Race at Mid-Ohio (I used to live 5 mins from that track before moving to Tx).
Sounds like it was a good time! Any other updates from the trip? Pictures?

:cheers:

strengthrehab

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Base GT with PP