Sponsored

Hey Texans, any recommendations and ideas for places to visit?

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'07 A4, '19 Ram Rebel
  • Banned
What's up fellas?

Thinking of coming down sometime this summer for a week or so, haven't been to Texas since '11 and was in Brownsville the whole 3 weeks I was there, loved it and always wanted to do another roadtrip

So, I figure that between now and possibly Late June/Early July, save up for a trip and then go, hold off on building the suspension for now.

That said, curious where you guys would recommend going if you were advising out of state friends or family to go and where to avoid as well as what to look at, don't really have an idea of what I specifically wanna do but so far just wanna get far away from NJ for a bit

thanks for taking a look,

Rogue
Sponsored

OP
OP
Rogues Gambit

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'07 A4, '19 Ram Rebel
  • Banned
Definitely not Houston. So boring here.

Brownsville? South padre is nice!

Wish I could've of been more help lol
I briefly went to South Padre Island, gotta visit there again

how's Galveston?

Jon|3.7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' 3.7 Mustang
Nowhere as nice as south padre, although I haven't been there in a few years the times I have it's always brown ocean water, in south padre it's always clear (:

Sponsored

Tems

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB Mustang
I'm like an hour away from padre island, basically go every other weekend, very nice.
Don't think you'd regret it. :cool::cool:

strengthrehab

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Base GT with PP
Nowhere as nice as south padre, although I haven't been there in a few years the times I have it's always brown ocean water, in south padre it's always clear (:
Hey!. I'm moving to Houston this weekend. Are you a part of HoustonS550s?

T-S550-X

Threads
Reaction score
DFW, Texas, USA, Planet Earth, Milkyway Galaxy
First Name
Naji
Vehicle(s)
DIB 2015 Mustang GT PP
San Antonio and Austin. San Antonio has the Alamo and River Walk. Both great places to visit at least once in your life. Austin has the capitol building, 6th street, and Franklin's famous BBQ.There are a ton of fantastic other BBQ places just west of the San Marcos area (in between San Antonio and Austin along IH 35) if you don't want to wait in line.....

Plenty of things in between like New Braunfels which has Schlitterbaun <---- Water Park. There are three seperate rivers you can float in the same general area, if you don't want to go to the water park. Guadalupe = Longest 2-3+ hours, Comal = Medium, and San Marcos = shortest, all depending on current conditions. The San Marcos river starts near the Texas State Univ. campus (great view for a single guy )

If your in the mood and have time, go to Fredricksburg. Thats in the hill country west of San Antonio. The roads are awesome and lend to a really fun drive.

I would avoid the Dallas area. Really isn't anything special up here. Houston has great dining, but I will defer to the guys in that area for better info.

Sponsored

T-S550-X

Threads
Reaction score
DFW, Texas, USA, Planet Earth, Milkyway Galaxy
First Name
Naji
Vehicle(s)
DIB 2015 Mustang GT PP
I forgot. You can NOT come to Texas and not try Whataburger. And if you ask why, well 'merica, that's why!

redneck ron

Dummy up Meathead!
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 401A/Race Red
I forgot. You can NOT come to Texas and not try Whataburger. And if you ask why, well 'merica, that's why!
Hell yeah! Bacon/Cheese Whataburger, onion rings, chocolate malt=Texas fast food at it's finest.
Sponsored