Sponsored

Hey Texans, any recommendations and ideas for places to visit?

OP
OP
Rogues Gambit

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'07 A4, '19 Ram Rebel
Hell yeah! Bacon/Cheese Whataburger, onion rings, chocolate malt=Texas fast food at it's finest.
If my sugars were better, I'd try that

Go type 1 diabetes xD

San Antonio is great. Remember the Alamo!
Definitely wanna visit there

Looks like I'm set, thanks guys :)

Soonertim4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2021 twister orange gt performance pack
Go to Corpus Christie and visit Mustang Island.
Very nice and laid back there

OP
OP
Rogues Gambit

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'07 A4, '19 Ram Rebel
Go to Corpus Christie and visit Mustang Island.
Very nice and laid back there
I remember Corpus, we stated at the La Quinta there... Bad experience with the hotel (AC didn't work, Fridge was dead and rancid, possible bad room), I wanted to explore it more

Mustang Island huh, definitely checking that out!

Soonertim4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2021 twister orange gt performance pack
The water off of Mustang Island was a nice green. Funny thing is that it looked better there then it did in Corpus. The best thing in my opinion about Mustang Island is that they split it off for families and college kids. Plus there is miles of beaches that you can drive on. Just like Borat "it's very nice"

Sponsored

5.Stock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eloy
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Competition Orange
like some people have said stop at whataburger and don't hold back.
Texas is the best country on Earth. lol

Carzzi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Rapid Red 401A PP1 A10 Magneride
Don't forget to stop at any one of the Rudy's gas station BBQ's for moist brisket, outside cut!

strengthrehab

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Base GT with PP
[MENTION=13967]strengthrehab[/MENTION]

No not yet lol but they are more active on Facebook than on here btw!
Yeah, I'm a part of the FB group.

Ground Speed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 White EB+PP
Texas is the best country on Earth. lol
:headbang:

Houston/Surrounding Area - Tons of museums, restaurants, and coastal stuff to do. Go to Kemah, drive along Galveston's sea wall (or right onto West Beach - just watch the tide and if you're in the mustang stick to the packed sand.)

Dallas/Ft. Worth - The "metroplex" has tons of stuff to do as well, and some great dining (Top Knot is highly recommended, if you've got some coin and some time.)

Austin Area - See a million (literally) bats emerge from under the Congress bridge as the sun sets, listen to live music along 6th street, and eat at some of the best food joints in all of Texas, including Franklin BBQ (previously mentioned), Uchiko, Mighty Fine Burgers, and the home of "Damn Good Tacos", Torchy's.

San Antonio - SA has the feel of a town steeped in history because it is. The Alamo is surrounding by modernity, but stepping inside it's cramped stone walls is both humbling and inspiring. If you're wearing a hat, remove it before you enter. The Riverwalk and the business/eateries that enjoy a symbiotic relationship with it are a must-see. Downtown SA is also pretty well laid out and easy to get around on foot.

Other Notables:

Surfside Beach - This is my favorite beach in Texas. Park on the beach and bring a surf board, It's one of the few spots where the sandbars make decent breaks without forcing you to swim halfway to Cancun.

Fredericksburg - As has already been stated, this is a great place to visit. Park a few blocks away and just wander up and down Main Street seeing what they have to offer, then spent a few hours at the Pacific Theater WWII museum. It's amazing how large it really is. Then find a nice German restaurant or head out to the nearby "Texas wine country".

Palo Duro Canyon - If you're in the panhandle (North Texas), visit Palo Duro canyon. It's old, it's beautiful, and it's outdoorsy. Bring a lot of water and bug spray, and a nice camera.

That's about all I can think of. :D

Sponsored

strengthrehab

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Base GT with PP
:headbang:

Houston/Surrounding Area - Tons of museums, restaurants, and coastal stuff to do. Go to Kemah, drive along Galveston's sea wall (or right onto West Beach - just watch the tide and if you're in the mustang stick to the packed sand.)

Dallas/Ft. Worth - The "metroplex" has tons of stuff to do as well, and some great dining (Top Knot is highly recommended, if you've got some coin and some time.)

Austin Area - See a million (literally) bats emerge from under the Congress bridge as the sun sets, listen to live music along 6th street, and eat at some of the best food joints in all of Texas, including Franklin BBQ (previously mentioned), Uchiko, Mighty Fine Burgers, and the home of "Damn Good Tacos", Torchy's.

San Antonio - SA has the feel of a town steeped in history because it is. The Alamo is surrounding by modernity, but stepping inside it's cramped stone walls is both humbling and inspiring. If you're wearing a hat, remove it before you enter. The Riverwalk and the business/eateries that enjoy a symbiotic relationship with it are a must-see. Downtown SA is also pretty well laid out and easy to get around on foot.

Other Notables:

Surfside Beach - This is my favorite beach in Texas. Park on the beach and bring a surf board, It's one of the few spots where the sandbars make decent breaks without forcing you to swim halfway to Cancun.

Fredericksburg - As has already been stated, this is a great place to visit. Park a few blocks away and just wander up and down Main Street seeing what they have to offer, then spent a few hours at the Pacific Theater WWII museum. It's amazing how large it really is. Then find a nice German restaurant or head out to the nearby "Texas wine country".

Palo Duro Canyon - If you're in the panhandle (North Texas), visit Palo Duro canyon. It's old, it's beautiful, and it's outdoorsy. Bring a lot of water and bug spray, and a nice camera.

That's about all I can think of. :D
I'm now in Houston Metro area (Katy actually). Headed to SA this weekend. The Alamo is one of the stops for sure. We are also thinking of Mustang Island at some point. I've heard of Palo Duro from a patient here at the clinic. I want to get to Dallas at some point. I would like to get to Austin to watch an event at COTA, too. Maybe a track day. I havent' been to Galveston, yet. Heck I've only been here since 5/1 so I have a lot to see and a lot of time.

Thanks for the recommendations :headbang::cheers:

Ground Speed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 White EB+PP
I'm now in Houston Metro area (Katy actually). Headed to SA this weekend. The Alamo is one of the stops for sure. We are also thinking of Mustang Island at some point. I've heard of Palo Duro from a patient here at the clinic. I want to get to Dallas at some point. I would like to get to Austin to watch an event at COTA, too. Maybe a track day. I havent' been to Galveston, yet. Heck I've only been here since 5/1 so I have a lot to see and a lot of time.

Thanks for the recommendations :headbang::cheers:
A track day at COTA is on my Mustang bucket list. I don't even need to smash any records (or fenders), I'd just like a few laps around would be awesome. :ford:

Jasber

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Ingot Silver
The drive from San Antonio to Austin through the Hill Country is always amazing. Otherwise, head up far north of Dallas and head all the way up thru the twisties in Oklahoma!

Lukasha

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Blue Dream
A track day at COTA is on my Mustang bucket list. I don't even need to smash any records (or fenders), I'd just like a few laps around would be awesome. :ford:
This year's Hot Rod Power Tour stops in Austin and that day's event is COTA. I'm hoping we'll get a chance to run our cars around the track. My best friend who's done a bunch of Power Tour's got to run his Mustang around the Indy Speedway one year. I'm so excited that I may get to drive my Blue on an F1 track!!!

Jeff

Ground Speed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 White EB+PP
This year's Hot Rod Power Tour stops in Austin and that day's event is COTA. I'm hoping we'll get a chance to run our cars around the track. My best friend who's done a bunch of Power Tour's got to run his Mustang around the Indy Speedway one year. I'm so excited that I may get to drive my Blue on an F1 track!!!

Jeff
What is the cost of entry, if you don't mind me asking?
Sponsored