OP
OP
JR369

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
On the topic of the door marks. My big arse size 14 feet wage a continual battle on them. Meh, shit happens and I clean up the scuff marks. Only an issue if I park somewhere I cannot open the door fully. I daily drive mine so optimal parking is not always available.
It's one thing if I put the marks there. It's an entirely different thing when it isn't me. Anyway the car goes in for Full Expel Ultimate Plus topped with Ceramic next week. My detailer thinks he can do some good on the marks. It is what it is either way. The whole point of my post was a message to Ford.
Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
I feel for you and I was in a very similar position, most likely slightly worse due the additional handling / unloading / loading events to get a car over to the UK

Like you, I didn't want the door panel swapping so I used heat and patience to get it to a point I was happy with, then stood back, compared it to the other side and noticed this ...

IMG-2065.jpg

So it ended up with a new panel anyway ... lol

Although a risk, It turned out well and I was very happy when I got the car back in a better condition than it was originally presented to me :like:

For me, sadly it wasn't just a door panel though :
  • A pillar kick panel.
  • Door sill kick panel.
  • Plastic seat base covering.
  • Leather Recaro seat base cover.
And if I include external parts with the transport damage :
  • Front splitter
  • Repaint for the front bumper
Careful management of my issues, a good relationship with my dealer and body shop, along with a excellent tech at my dealership was key to getting my issues fixed to a standard I was happy with.

The whole point of my post was a message to Ford.
I think there is a limited window where the cost to fix passes from Ford (or maybe the transport company) to the local dealer.

WD :like:

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
It's one thing if I put the marks there. It's an entirely different thing when it isn't me. Anyway the car goes in for Full Expel Ultimate Plus topped with Ceramic next week. My detailer thinks he can do some good on the marks. It is what it is either way. The whole point of my post was a message to Ford.
They can be replaced under warranty. Check with your dealer.

Nodster

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Thank you for the tip on magic eraser. I have some marks on drivers door, which various interior cleaners with a soft bristle brush haven't fully removed. So I'll give that a try. Pet hate people scuffing the doors. Doesn't help they are so long so you have to open them wide. No squeezing out of these doors in a UK parking bay. šŸ˜‚

Sponsored

Decible

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 HP

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
How do you know?

šŸ¤£šŸ˜œ
If your profile said from Michigan, I would have suspected you might have been the engineer who called the OEM and put the gag order out.

But you are just a Georgia boy. Peachtree city?

Decible

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 HP
If your profile said from Michigan, I would have suspected you might have been the engineer who called the OEM and put the gag order out.

But you are just a Georgia boy. Peachtree city?
Bwahahaha no Iā€™m in Athens šŸ¤£

Those dang 500 hood pins get you in that much trouble Tom!! šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Bwahahaha no Iā€™m in Athens šŸ¤£

Those dang 500 hood pins get you in that much trouble Tom!! šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£
Not trouble, lol.. The owner of the company is a nice guy. He simply informed me that he was told by Ford to not talk to me. Ford doesn't like their business being openly discussed on an open forum. Again, these engineers are thin skinned I guess.

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
Not trouble, lol.. The owner of the company is a nice guy. He simply informed me that he was told by Ford to not talk to me. Ford doesn't like their business being openly discussed on an open forum. Again, these engineers are thin skinned I guess.
Not the first person who won't talk to you. HAHA. :)

You know that one was too easy.

Sponsored

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach1 700, 6 Spd.#5558
LOL, that s explains a lot. I ve read thousand of posts on the 5.0 engine and it is a mystery when you ask (even a dealer) about some of the unusual noises. And we are smart enough to know that someone knows the answer.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Not the first person who won't talk to you. HAHA. :)

You know that one was too easy.
Ok, I won't expect to hear from you when those wheels go up for sale.

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
This might be one of the only complaints Iā€™ve read on this forum that I completely agree withā€¦ drives me nuts.

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt, 2017 Tundra TRDPRO, 1976 Porsche 912
Meh, it happens. You will add a few of those in the next few days.
Sponsored