Herky Jerky A10

DolomiteGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertable
I drive in Normal mode 90% of the time with no issues, but on the occasion when I want give it the beans, I can help but notice under sport mode the tranny shifts hard and seems to hunt all over the place.

I noticed this on two other A10s I've driven, so I've chalked it up to be normal, but I got to wonder if anyone is experience this too.

I bought the Stang used a year ago. Do you guys think it could be due to the tranny trying to relearn my driving style or could it be a low tranny fill issue from the factory?

For those who have experienced it what have you done to mitigate it, or am I just off my rocker here?
Sponsored

IrishStallion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 gt mustang
What is your model 300a, 301a, 400a etc.? Are you in a mode like sport, sport +, normal? It is supposed to shift hard/firm in sport?? Braking in sport causes it to down shift fast/firm.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I drive in Normal mode 90% of the time with no issues, but on the occasion when I want give it the beans, I can help but notice under sport mode the tranny shifts hard and seems to hunt all over the place.

I noticed this on two other A10s I've driven, so I've chalked it up to be normal, but I got to wonder if anyone is experience this too.

I bought the Stang used a year ago. Do you guys think it could be due to the tranny trying to relearn my driving style or could it be a low tranny fill issue from the factory?

For those who have experienced it what have you done to mitigate it, or am I just off my rocker here?
Everything you need to know right here. You are not alone.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...tions-to-harsh-or-no-shift-conditions.135463/

OP
OP
DolomiteGT

DolomiteGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Vehicle(s)
What is your model 300a, 301a, 400a etc.? Are you in a mode like sport, sport +, normal? It is supposed to shift hard/firm in sport?? Braking in sport causes it to down shift fast/firm.
401a Package. I know its supposed to shift firmer under Sport and Sport+, that's not the issue. The problem is the shifting feels harsh and erratic under partial throttle. The downshifts are particularly annoying like it's holding the gear too long. Under Normal drive mode there are no issues aside from a clunk in the drivetrain when lifting throttle periodically.

OP
OP
DolomiteGT

DolomiteGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

OP
OP
DolomiteGT

DolomiteGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Vehicle(s)
Try doing a learning reset and retrain the car by driving exclusively in Sport+.
That's what I am leaning towards. I suspect an older fellow owned the car before me and spent the first 11k miles babying around in Normal mode and rarely used Sport or Sport+. The car was owned by Ford and leased out to a retiree down in Florida.

Wylie C

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium A10
Vehicle Showcase
Hey!!!! Watch that older fellow stuff. I resemble that remark. I also use all the toys :clap::muscle:

OP
OP
DolomiteGT

DolomiteGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Vehicle(s)
Hey!!!! Watch that older fellow stuff. I resemble that remark. I also use all the toys :clap::muscle:
LOL My apologies. Didn't mean to infer that all older fellows are participants of the Geriatric 500 where 1st prize is a Silver Cup filled with Prune Juice. 😜 😁

Wylie C

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium A10
Vehicle Showcase
LOL My apologies. Didn't mean to infer that all older fellows are participants of the Geriatric 500 where 1st prize is a Silver Cup filled with Prune Juice. 😜 😁
I hate the taste of that stuff

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Get your car tuned. A Good Tuner knows how to make your A-10 a pleasure to drive..
Sponsored