Jerky Starts, Strange Clutch Engagement

J_Herb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
While driving into work this morning I was having difficulty with the clutch engaging, like it was slipping. Car would jerk and appear to want to die as I would release the clutch. This started happening while I was stuck in traffic, didn’t have the issue leaving my neighborhood and after I was out of traffic the issues started to go away. I noticed it last night as well while backing into my driveway as well, but the drive home was fine.

This only happens as I initially release the clutch to start in first or reverse, car will jerk like it doesn’t have enough RPM to get moving, I found myself riding the clutch to get going and having to rev the engine a bit. Once moving everything works as normal.

Anyone else experience this before? I have a 17 GT PP1 with just over 10k miles on it. I’ve had the car for about 6 months and only put 2k miles on it and this is the first time I’ve ever experience this. Been driving manual trans cars for over 20 years.
Sponsored

OP
OP

J_Herb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I took a drive during lunch yesterday and was able to replicate without traffic around. After a couple of starts and stops I determined it was the cold PZeros spinning/skipping on the damp pavement. Temps were a bit warmer this morning with dry roads and I didn't have any issues. Looks like I'll need to get some different tires for the winter.

kent0464

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kent
Vehicle(s)
1983 Ford Ranger, 1986 SVO Mustang, 2017 Mustang GT PP, 2017 F150 3.5 Eco
Vehicle Showcase
I took a drive during lunch yesterday and was able to replicate without traffic around. After a couple of starts and stops I determined it was the cold PZeros spinning/skipping on the damp pavement. Temps were a bit warmer this morning with dry roads and I didn't have any issues. Looks like I'll need to get some different tires for the winter.
I also have a 17 GT pp, and yes the Pzeros really really suck, and are even worse in cold weather....I’ve had all 4 slide while taking a fly over ramp and I wasn’t even pushing it.

jgruben1134

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP2 Velocity Blue "Moby"
I have 2 choices of car to drive at the moment. The '19 PP2 or a 2001 SLK230 with 210k miles on it. By that, I mean I have 1 choice, and 1 other car I have to drive when it gets too cold outside, so I've had to become my own personal meteorologist. If its under 45-50 degrees, I'm in the Merc. Under 40? The PP2 gets its spot in the garage to protect the tires. I've not tried the P Zeroes, but the Cup 2's suck when its cold. If you baby them around a bit and get enough heat in them to bring the pressures up 3-4psi, they start to work ok.
Sponsored