Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Garrett
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
[ame]

Non supercharged video

"Before we modify a new car we like to know how fast it is in factory stock form. Here is a new 2016 Shelby GT350 Mustang built by Ford Performance running from 0 to 170 mph. The launch was soft and the shifts were firm but there is certainly better 0-60 and 0100 mph times in this car. We wanted to be able to compare our upgraded GT350 with stock and believe that the 0-150 mph times will be significantly faster."
Sponsored

G0413

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Those are short shifts at 8000 or less rpm and a bog. The 0-60 mph was bad. It seems like he also feathered off the throttle a bit at the end.

200MPHCOBRA

Liberty Tree Needs Water
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2013 BOSS 302
Those are short shifts at 8000 or less rpm and a bog. The 0-60 mph was bad. It seems like he also feathered off the throttle a bit at the end.
Yeah, pitch change at 7500, and launched like his grandma was riding with him.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Just because Hennessey says something doesn't mean it's a good plan. They're changing the pistons out to make it work for a 36,000 mile warranty. That doesn't sound like something most people want to tackle on their brand new GT350.
Let's say the pistons are actually changed.

Wouldn't that simply be the normal, responsible thing for any builder in taking an NA car into boost?

Of course it would.

Doesn't mean it's not a good idea.

It's a great idea.

And if you're spending that much money, might as well have an extra measure of peace of my be thrown in.

The Voodoo is a great engine NA. and it has potential to be the ultimate engine Boosted.

If Ford uses this bad boy in a turbo GT500 (especially with automatic)... it's over.

There's so much on the table with this engine.

And if this tuner is willing to warranty it, I'm guessing boost was a dang good idea.

And those performance numbers... Oh my gosh. No NOS here... LOL

Sponsored

xt6wagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 base triple yellow
Yeah, pitch change at 7500, and launched like his grandma was riding with him.
looks like he slipped the clutch for quite a while on the 1-2 shift the way the tach was wandering around. Over all it was about a subtle as a brick to the face with the sandbagging.

But don't worry, I'm sure it will make 800hp with the stock fuel system.... Won't have any issues with cooling despite nearly doubling the output of the motor (don't forget the 100hp or so the blower is going to eat at high rpm) So to make 800 crank going into the transmission its going to need 900ish worth of fuel and air. And thats a whole lot of heat to get rid of.

Arrowsigns

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadi-Mustang-Silvarado-
Twin turbos , performance auto, and awd... Please...[/QUOTE]

Count me in on this!! Heck I wouldn't bitch on paying adm lol

Nataphen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT
Let's say the pistons are actually changed.

Wouldn't that simply be the normal, responsible thing for any builder in taking an NA car into boost?

Of course it would.

Doesn't mean it's not a good idea.

It's a great idea.

And if you're spending that much money, might as well have an extra measure of peace of my be thrown in.

The Voodoo is a great engine NA. and it has potential to be the ultimate engine Boosted.

If Ford uses this bad boy in a turbo GT500 (especially with automatic)... it's over.

There's so much on the table with this engine.

And if this tuner is willing to warranty it, I'm guessing boost was a dang good idea.

And those performance numbers... Oh my gosh. No NOS here... LOL

I didn't say the engine wouldn't make power, I said it wouldn't be good to do it for long on a completely stock short block.

Bender

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 LB GT350R HR909, 22 AB GT500 CFTP
3-4 months or 3+ years?

Sponsored

G0413

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I'd rather build my own engine and forget the add ons he's doing such as their logos on the seats and body.

Nataphen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT
3-4 months or 3+ years?

That's hard to say. It depends on how you drive the car. In stock form, it already sees pretty high oil temps on track, it already has blow by, it has hollow and sodium-filled valves, and other things that I don't care to list at the moment. If you just toddled around in it on the street with the occasional WOT blast, it may last forever on the stock short block. Now, if you ran it on a road course or back-to-back at a hot drag strip, I could see all those ailments being worsened, and shortening stock engine life significantly.

I guess I should say that it depends on the owner how I feel about it. If you want a dyno queen with which you can pin passengers back in the seat from time to time, the stock short block may do you fine. I don't believe you'd be able to seriously track it at that point though. With a purpose-built short block? Knock yourself out. You'll probably be fine.

Bender

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 LB GT350R HR909, 22 AB GT500 CFTP
That's hard to say. It depends on how you drive the car. In stock form, it already sees pretty high oil temps on track, it already has blow by, it has hollow and sodium-filled valves, and other things that I don't care to list at the moment. If you just toddled around in it on the street with the occasional WOT blast, it may last forever on the stock short block. Now, if you ran it on a road course or back-to-back at a hot drag strip, I could see all those ailments being worsened, and shortening stock engine life significantly.

I guess I should say that it depends on the owner how I feel about it. If you want a dyno queen with which you can pin passengers back in the seat from time to time, the stock short block may do you fine. I don't believe you'd be able to seriously track it at that point though. With a purpose-built short block? Knock yourself out. You'll probably be fine.
Im talking about how long it would take it take to get the car. Hennessey has had more of its share of shady business dealings

Nataphen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT
Im talking about how long it would take it take to get the car. Hennessey has had more of its share of shady business dealings

Ah! Sorry. I 100% agree with you there. They've had a horrid reputation for years. I don't know who they're paying off to avoid the bad press, but magazines and journalists still act like they can do no wrong.
Sponsored