Sponsored

Help with new Whipple

Goosey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT Magnetic
Guys, I am really really hoping someone with the knowledge can help me over here in the UK. For a while I ran a Whipple Gen 2 Stage 2 with 3.75 pulley, on a stock tune, then had a custom tune done over here on that same pulley. Road tuned, not dynod
Today we fitted smaller pulley and re worked the tune so not so lean etc. It was also its first time on a dyno so probably the first time we have tried to tune to the red line. However no matter what we try the car revs like a train to 6500 then drops off, nothing we can do solves it. THere is nothing in the software or tune that is telling it to shut off, throttle position is 100% open then it just fades away. At 6500 i am making 725hp at the crank but we can go no further.

The tune is on point, no knock issue, fuelling is great, and the hp line is like 45 degree line all the way. it all works to the point the tuner thinks it might be mechanical that the throttle blade cant stay open .

I also had a Mantic clutch fitted 3 months ago, so today was the first time after running in we went over 4500 revs, got the mis fire codes and the crank relearn wont take. Its not been a good day and in the UK we rely a lot on USA expertise !!! Would welcome any help ...please ???
Sponsored

Bluelightning

Bluelightning
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue 2017 GT350, 2019 F-150 4x4 Ecoboost (Daily)
Vehicle Showcase
Guys, I am really really hoping someone with the knowledge can help me over here in the UK. For a while I ran a Whipple Gen 2 Stage 2 with 3.75 pulley, on a stock tune, then had a custom tune done over here on that same pulley. Road tuned, not dynod
Today we fitted smaller pulley and re worked the tune so not so lean etc. It was also its first time on a dyno so probably the first time we have tried to tune to the red line. However no matter what we try the car revs like a train to 6500 then drops off, nothing we can do solves it. THere is nothing in the software or tune that is telling it to shut off, throttle position is 100% open then it just fades away. At 6500 i am making 725hp at the crank but we can go no further.

The tune is on point, no knock issue, fuelling is great, and the hp line is like 45 degree line all the way. it all works to the point the tuner thinks it might be mechanical that the throttle blade cant stay open .

I also had a Mantic clutch fitted 3 months ago, so today was the first time after running in we went over 4500 revs, got the mis fire codes and the crank relearn wont take. Its not been a good day and in the UK we rely a lot on USA expertise !!! Would welcome any help ...please ???
Do you have the traction control and everything unplugged when you are on the dyno? Also, what wheel speed are you seeing on the dyno as you may be hitting the speed limiter?

OP
OP

Goosey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT Magnetic
Do you have the traction control and everything unplugged when you are on the dyno? Also, what wheel speed are you seeing on the dyno as you may be hitting the speed limiter?
Yes we took the traction control ABS fuse out, when we didnt it was not happy. I think we got to about 102 MPH from what i saw so i dont think the limiter would kick in
Sponsored