Sponsored

Help with GT Base to Performance Pack Suspension Question

samcrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Hello,

I am planning on doing lowering springs to my car and figured if I could get a set for relatively cheap, I might as well throw on some Performance Pack shocks/struts since I'm already going to be taking them off. I had my wheel off the other day and this was the sticker on the front damper (base suspension):

I inquired about someones takeoff performance pack dampers and they sent me these photos:

Is there any way I can be positive that these are off a performance pack? I notice one of the numbers matches the one off my car? Thanks for your help!
Sponsored

Road Dog

Really Smart Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Convertible
I think you cal look it up

The part numbers for the PP dampers is in the Ford Performance catalog. try their website.

XKRJAG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15GT, 02 Tbird, 06 XKR
The numbers on parts aren't the part number, they're an engineering number. Similar but not useable to compare. This is all Ford parts. You have to have a dealer convert them to part number. The Strut crosses to a PP part number, the rear doesn't come up in the system.

Serv Part#:FR3Z 18124 K Part Name:SHOCK ABSORBER AS SR:121.87 Eng Part#:FR3C 18045 KE Min Ord Qty:0 Price Each:xxxxMotorcraft #:AST 18197 Max Ord Qty:0 Unit of Issue:EA Replacement:FR3Z 18124AB GO TO REPLACING PARTS FOR MORE INFORMATIONWeight:13 Serial Number:712599 Field Service Action:NO Wins Allowance:22.44Pipp Elig:Y

Quick Ford part number class. The middle numbers are called the basic number, they tell what kind of part it is, 15200 is a fog light no matter what vehicle, 6006 is an engine. The First letters/numbers are ment to tell what it fits, FR3Z you'll notice most 15 Mustang Parts are FR3Z. I'm not up on the post 2000 part numbers, in the older days it was 1st digit was decade (C 60's, D70's E 80s, F 90's), second letter was year, last two said what line IE TZ was trucks), since 2000 I don't know how all this works. The last letters tell what version of the part, IE V6, 4 cyl, performance pack, etc, so most of the part number should be the same except the last letter(s).
Sponsored