CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
Went in to the dealership yesterday. Got word today it is sway bar end links. Hopefully I will pick it up tomorrow. Will follow up after I pick it up.
Sponsored

OP
OP
tal

tal

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.leschuck.com
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Coupe
I've got a call into Ford Performance. Steve at Ford said to email him the YouTube links to the noise and he'd have the suspension tech take a look at it.

Hopefully we will get to the bottom of this either way.

Thanks.

OP
OP
tal

tal

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.leschuck.com
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
Well here's Ford's response:
"I do not think it’s in the sway bar bushings, But,,, it is really hard to tell from here.

One thing you can do is loosen the sway bar bushing clamps, and let the bar hang there, and do the same drive, if it’s the sway bar bushing it should be quiet."

Arrgg...more diagnose is needed...

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
Update. Changed the links and is still doing it. The tech now thinks its the rack. Still waiting on a final word.

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
My car went in Tuesday morning. Still waiting. This seems to be the norm for this car. Warranty work so far. New short block/cams, APIM module, evap coil, drive shaft, and now this. Overall I like the car. But this is frustrating as hell.

Sponsored

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
My car was in the service shop five business days. I talked to the mechanic (by accident) who was taking a break near my car. He said he went through the front end with a fine tooth comb loosening and tightening everything in the front suspension. Then they took it to their body shop who is reported to be good at tracking down unusual noises. I spoke with the shop manager who was also personally involved in my car. He said the IRS brace was in contact with the carriage bolt (attached picture) and the sound is being transmitted to the front of the car. The sound I hear is on the driver side. And the bolt is on the passenger side. If I get time tomorrow I'm planning on loosening, readjusting, and re torquing the brace bolts. I'm very skeptical but I have seen crazier things happen. If nothing else the brace needs to be repositioned. Any educated opinions?
50610820_2303936872972329_3243976789940240384_n.jpg

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
FIXED. And not by Ford service which had my car five business days. I took the car to a local alignment shop. Twenty minutes on the rack and they found a very loose bolt on the lower control arm. Which had been replaced by Ford service about four months back for the same noise. Tightened it and no more noise. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Baghovo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hovhannes
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang GT
I have a 2016 Ford Mustang GT with standard suspension with about 12k miles.

I have this noise and/or creaking from the front driver's side suspension. I think it is the front strut but I've been to the dealer twice and and they say can't find an issue. If I can have some of you guys confirm it's the front strut (or something?) that would help me out in my repair as the warranty will be coming up soon.

Please see these 2 videos to hear the noise:

Hi there can you Fix that Noise ?

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
Hi there can you Fix that Noise ?
Check all of your bushing bolts to make sure they are not lose. Mine sounded similar and that did the trick. I listened again to your videos. Just like mine. Creaking and sometimes a pop. Take it to a reputable alignment shop and have them check all of your bushing bolts. AVOID Ford service! Good luck.

Baghovo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hovhannes
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang GT
Check all of your bushing bolts to make sure they are not lose. Mine sounded similar and that did the trick. I listened again to your videos. Just like mine. Creaking and sometimes a pop. Take it to a reputable alignment shop and have them check all of your bushing bolts. AVOID Ford service! Good luck.

noise not so much, but start noising appears when I turn the steering wheel

OP
OP
tal

tal

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.leschuck.com
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
Turns out my noise was from creaking under the dash. I went to a body shop to diagnose. Did not go any further with this issue as it is not critical and the noise is harmless.
Sponsored