B4RK3R

CRWDCTRL
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GT Premium
Steeda, I'm hoping you can help me with a huge problem I'm having after installing my Tri-ax short throw shifter. After following the installation notes and CJPP video to a T, my first gear is now reverse 95% of the time. Reverse can be achieved without pulling up on the reverse lock out, and all the other gears are extremely hard to access.

Before I decided to write this post, I did almost 5 hours of attempted problem solving, and google-ing.

I tried the following:

-took out the factory shift spring (google says the spring is a common
problem)- no change
- loosened and tightened the reverse lockout bolt- no change
- Took off the shift boot- no change
- tried it with and without stock shift knob- no change
- tried multiple combos with and without things, all with the same result. Ive installed and uninstalled these so many times I ended up breaking my shifter bezel and stripping out the steeda delrin reverse assembly :frusty:

I installed the triax parts with the steeda shifter bracket base and the steeda lockout collar.

Steeda, I know this isnt a common problem, but it has been a problem for people before. Everyone seemed to have solved their problems, but none of them say how. Can you help me out here?
Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Hello B4RK3R,

Please send me your contact info, order number & details on the box - we'll have our installation team give you a call & discuss what may be taking place.

Best Regards,

TJ

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Steeda, I'm hoping you can help me with a huge problem I'm having after installing my Tri-ax short throw shifter. After following the installation notes and CJPP video to a T, my first gear is now reverse 95% of the time. Reverse can be achieved without pulling up on the reverse lock out, and all the other gears are extremely hard to access.

Before I decided to write this post, I did almost 5 hours of attempted problem solving, and google-ing.

I tried the following:

-took out the factory shift spring (google says the spring is a common
problem)- no change
- loosened and tightened the reverse lockout bolt- no change
- Took off the shift boot- no change
- tried it with and without stock shift knob- no change
- tried multiple combos with and without things, all with the same result. Ive installed and uninstalled these so many times I ended up breaking my shifter bezel and stripping out the steeda delrin reverse assembly :frusty:

I installed the triax parts with the steeda shifter bracket base and the steeda lockout collar.

Steeda, I know this isnt a common problem, but it has been a problem for people before. Everyone seemed to have solved their problems, but none of them say how. Can you help me out here?
Please pm a photo of the installed lockout collar, so i can see how it is assembled.
Thank you ,

Steeda Tech

OP
OP
B4RK3R

B4RK3R

CRWDCTRL
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GT Premium
Please pm a photo of the installed lockout collar, so i can see how it is assembled.
Thank you ,

Steeda Tech
Thanks for the quick reply Steeda. At the moment I'm re
-installing everything from the beginning. As soon as I get to that point, I'll send you a picture.

OP
OP
B4RK3R

B4RK3R

CRWDCTRL
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GT Premium
@steeda... Couldn't figure out how to upload pics in PM on my phone so I'll have to do it here.
0813171128a_HDR-1024x576.jpg
0813171128b_HDR-1024x576.jpg
0813171142b_HDR-1024x576.jpg

Sponsored

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
@steeda... Couldn't figure out how to upload pics in PM on my phone so I'll have to do it here.
In the last picture shown does it shift fine without the lock out upper collar and knob. Just pull up on the delrin lower collar to get it in reverse?

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
In the last picture shown does it shift fine without the lock out upper collar and knob. Just pull up on the delrin lower collar to get it in reverse?
Also, make sure you do not over tighten the guide set screw. The delrin lock out collar should move freely up and down to keep it from going into reverse.

OP
OP
B4RK3R

B4RK3R

CRWDCTRL
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GT Premium
I have the aluminum lockout collar from you guys.

Also, as the last picture shown, it works flawlessly up until that point.

OP
OP
B4RK3R

B4RK3R

CRWDCTRL
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GT Premium
Ok.. So yeah, I was able to put it in reverse with the picture as shown, without using the collar... This isn't making any sense...

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Ok.. So yeah, I was able to put it in reverse with the picture as shown, without using the collar... This isn't making any sense...
More than likely it is hanging up on the billet collar , Check to make sure it is centered properly. It should move up and down smoothly. Which shift knob are you using?

Sponsored
OP
OP
B4RK3R

B4RK3R

CRWDCTRL
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GT Premium
I'm using the stock shift knob.

OP
OP
B4RK3R

B4RK3R

CRWDCTRL
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GT Premium
More than likely it is hanging up on the billet collar , Check to make sure it is centered properly. It should move up and down smoothly. Which shift knob are you using?
Can't be this, the car with go into reverse with the billet collar uninstalled.

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Can't be this, the car with go into reverse with the billet collar uninstalled.
With the delrin fully seated in the down position? You can see where it can't go past the reverse gate, if it still goes into reverse with that being said the lower plastic cup may be installed wrong.
pm your contact info and I will call you in the am.

Thanks Steeda Tech

OP
OP
B4RK3R

B4RK3R

CRWDCTRL
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GT Premium
This is what the shifter looks like with just the Delrin collar all the way down. Looks normal to me, but I'm not certain. I'll send you a PM. Thanks.
0813171128c_HDR-1024x576.jpg

OP
OP
B4RK3R

B4RK3R

CRWDCTRL
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GT Premium
HUGE shout out to Steeda. Jamie called me yesterday morning and walked me through a few things it may be. after fiddling around with his suggestions, the shifter seems to work perfect! This thing is very picky, but when its set up it feels great! Thanks again guys. :headbang::cheers:
Sponsored