OP
OP
Ronin47

Ronin47

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 DHG BULLITT K4675 2020 INFINITI Q50 RS 400
So I have finally decided on getting the Illusion Green for the reverse lockout collar. Hopefully I won't muck it up. LoL. Stay tuned... Pictures to follow. :)
Sponsored

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Yeeeeey, we win. Ha ha. Just kidding. I think it'll look OEM that way. Hope you like it :D.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
It looks spot-on indeed; post a photo once installed :). By the way, what do you need to remove to install that thing?

OP
OP
Ronin47

Ronin47

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It looks spot-on indeed; post a photo once installed :). By the way, what do you need to remove to install that thing?
Well I remember seeing a video on cjpony parts so I will have to look at it again.

Sponsored

PizzyP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
OP
OP
Ronin47

Ronin47

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I finally installed the new lockout on the shifter and it looks pretty damn sharp and it doesn't draw too much attention also. It was definitely a nice subtle addition to the BULLITT.

Here are some pictures of the installed lockout.

I'm sorry I don't have installation pictures as it became an afterthought when I finished and would have liked to have done it properly. Anyway, if anyone would like me to do a detailed write up with out pictures, I can certainly do that. Now anxiously waiting for the 5Spurs shifter plate cover. :D

Cheers.

Bulutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Looks great but if you don't mind, where did yo get the Bullitt knob??

OP
OP
Ronin47

Ronin47

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looks great but if you don't mind, where did yo get the Bullitt knob??
I got the weighted shift knob from Anarchy Motive before I found out people on this forum were having problems with them. My experience with them wasn’t so great, but the end product is what I cared about and it was perfect. Would I recommend them to anyone? maybe not but this would be my experience.

PizzyP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
I finally installed the new lockout on the shifter and it looks pretty damn sharp and it doesn't draw too much attention also. It was definitely a nice subtle addition to the BULLITT.

Here are some pictures of the installed lockout.

I'm sorry I don't have installation pictures as it became an afterthought when I finished and would have liked to have done it properly. Anyway, if anyone would like me to do a detailed write up with out pictures, I can certainly do that. Now anxiously waiting for the 5Spurs shifter plate cover. :D

Cheers.
If its not to difficult, both to explain and to do, I would be interested in how to do it. If easy enough i'd do it. Did you have to send yours in or do they send you one in color requested?

If it was difficult, dont waste your time.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Ronin47

Ronin47

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If its not to difficult, both to explain and to do, I would be interested in how to do it. If easy enough i'd do it. Did you have to send yours in or do they send you one in color requested?

If it was difficult, dont waste your time.
No problem!! Glad to help a fellow BULLITThead.

First of all I want to point out that parts of the installation was derived from CJPony Parts lockout installation here.

There are some differences between the model years when taking out the lockout from the shifter, so do take note of the differences.

Secondly, I found a company that manufactures a machined 6061 aluminum reverse lockout out and had it custom powder coated in the illusion green. Here is the link for the reverse lockout.

https://www.shiftsolutionsco.com/product/reverse-lockout-lever-mustang-15-s550

After you have reviewed the video, you should be able to start:

1. Remove the shifter ball from the shifter

2. Remove the shifter plate carefully applying pulling pressure equally, so not to separate the leather boot from the plate. Also note the trim clips on the sides and back of the shifter plate

3. With he shifter plate assembly lifted above the shifter, you will notice the lockout attached to the shifter.

4. The reverse lockout is secured by a ring. You will need a small Allen key to remove the lockout.

5. Locate the 3 Allen screws around the ring. Do not loosen the screws completely, just enough for you to remove the lockout. In my case, I stopped when I saw the red Loctite on the screws

6. Remove the lockout from the shifter. In the video it showed there is a ring or bushing you need to keep safe. You don't have them on the BULLIT shifter so no worries there.

7. Using a small screwdriver try and separate the epoxy from the inside of the lockout. The lockout has an aluminum top and a plastic bottom. This may be difficult or easy and may depend on the amount of epoxy the factory used. But the main thing is not to damage the leather boot. Unfortunately, I ended up using an Xacto knife and destroying the plastic to free the leather boot.

8. Once you have removed the boot from the lockout, You will need to find the seams of the boot. The new lockout will not fit into the existing hole, so you will need to loosen a stitch or two to get the lockout to fit

9. Use a zip tie to secure the leather boot to the bottom of the lockout. Ensure the zip tie is small enough to not hinder the insertion of the lockout into the securing ring.

10. Once you have secured the leather boot to the lockout and made adjustments to the fitting, you should now insert the lockout into the securing ring.

11. Using an Allen key tighten the screws to the lockout. Do not over tighten the screws.

12. Ensure the fit, but pulling the lockout upwards and it should pull the securing ring along with it.

13. Replace the shifter plate back into the center console applying equal pressure on each side

14. Re-attach the shifter knob back into the shifter

All done!!

Hope this helps everyone looking to upgrade their lockout

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Hey Ronin, so our Bullitts have allen bolts instead of 3 tabs as shown in the CJP video??? Didn't know that. At any rate, did they come out easy enough, or did you need a heat gun, or some other means to apply heat there? Thx. As an FYI, the boot is vinyl (not leather), as it's clearly seen on the backing. And the upper lockout part is plastic (not aluminum). Ford is cheap :D.

PizzyP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Thats gonna go great with a 5spurs green surround XD now I wanna get mine painted.
exactly, i just dont know if i'll fuck up the uninstall/install

OP
OP
Ronin47

Ronin47

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey Ronin, so our Bullitts have allen bolts instead of 3 tabs as shown in the CJP video???
I think the owners Mustang was pre-2018 to be exact and yes no tabs just the 3 Allen screws.

At any rate, did they come out easy enough, or did you need a heat gun, or some other means to apply heat there?
No heat applied to the Allen screws. I did not have a heat gun to remove the epoxy to separate the lockout halves and it was a PITA. I ended up destroying the lockout, but didn’t care as it was a major esthetic upgrade.

As an FYI, the boot is vinyl (not leather), as it's clearly seen on the backing. And the upper lockout part is plastic (not aluminum). Ford is cheap :D.
Fair enough :like:

exactly, i just dont know if i'll fuck up the uninstall/install
Difficulty is 2 out of 5 if you asked me
Sponsored