OP

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
I am going to pull a datalog and watch the cam timing to see if anything looks odd. Does anyone know what parameter I should look at and what values to look for.
Sponsored

OP
OP

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
Last edited:
OP
OP

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
I just pulled a data log and the intake on one side was 26 degrees at idle and intake on other side was 6 degrees. The exhaust on the 18 on one side and -1.3 on the other. I guess I must have gotten the cam one tooth off some how.

asylum938

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang GT
I just pulled a data log and the intake on one side was 26 degrees at idle and intake on other side was 6 degrees. The exhaust on the 18 on one side and -1.3 on the other. I guess I must have gotten the cam one tooth off some how.

I think I replied in another thread but, when putting on the second chain (first one off when removing)

It's very easy to place that chain one tooth off. I almost made this mistake myself. When you are facing the engine the bottom of the chain should be very tight and the "top" will have a lot of slack.

I had to get under the car to verify it was on the crank mark correctly when viewed from the top it looked like it was correct when I was actually one tooth off

Might not be the issue but it's definitely the first place I would check.

OP
OP

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
I think that is the issue. Someone told me to take a picture of it with my phone. I think the viewing angle from above messed me up. I just hope it didn't damage anything. I am going to get it all apart and turn the engine over till the links line up and verify it is off before I pull it apart. I am also going to spin it over till the line up again after it is together. I don't want to do this a third time. Do you have any tips for holding the crank when torqueing the damper bolt?

Sponsored

Mootang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I think that is the issue. Someone told me to take a picture of it with my phone. I think the viewing angle from above messed me up. I just hope it didn't damage anything. I am going to get it all apart and turn the engine over till the links line up and verify it is off before I pull it apart. I am also going to spin it over till the line up again after it is together. I don't want to do this a third time. Do you have any tips for holding the crank when torqueing the damper bolt?
I just pop the shifter into 6th gear and it held crank for me. Good luck with the second time around and you will be fine. One tooth correction is no biggie, just a lot of work. At least you didn't snap a damper install bolt inside your crank like I did :doh:. That and I had to open a second time lol.

OP
OP

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
Yeah my car is an automatic so I have to figure out something else to hold crank. Last time I did it I wedged a piece of wood in there between AC belt and damper.

Mootang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Yeah my car is an automatic so I have to figure out something else to hold crank. Last time I did it I wedged a piece of wood in there between AC belt and damper.
Hmmm... I would assume you can do a shift release and pop it into D to get it in gear and that should hold it. Someone else correct me on this?

GTBOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT, Royal Crimson, 10 speed, Active Exhaust
Vehicle Showcase
Hmmm... I would assume you can do a shift release and pop it into D to get it in gear and that should hold it. Someone else correct me on this?
This will not work. Automatics uses pressurized fluid to coupling the drive train/engine together. That's the function of the torque converter.

A couple shop rags wedged between a pulley and belt should work enough.

Wheysted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 mustang gt
Did you get this figured out? Was it the timing
Sponsored