Sponsored

Help me Synch3 - Waze on iPhone - or any app for that matter

mjribeiro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Sierra HD, 15 Acadia, 21 Aviator, 10 Explorer
I can't get the apps to show up. My iPhone 6s is connected - cord and BT. Apps enabled on sync - when I tell it to update it runs indefinitely trying to update, but never completing. I've let it go for as long as 15 minutes. Either I'm doing something wrong or it just doesn't work.
Sponsored

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
I can't get the apps to show up. My iPhone 6s is connected - cord and BT. Apps enabled on sync - when I tell it to update it runs indefinitely trying to update, but never completing. I've let it go for as long as 15 minutes. Either I'm doing something wrong or it just doesn't work.
Mine is doing the same thing. I tried to update the apps and it does nothing.
I think they are working out the bugs since this is their first version.

DrDing.Muscle

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GT PP Competition Orange
Probably bugs, the original sync was terrible when it first came out but is pretty stable and decent now.

olla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I hope sync 3 doesn't turn out like MFT. Ford hypes everything then just let it die.

SC_Ruby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP Ruby Red
Same here on my Sync3 and iPhone 6S. I read on the Ford owners website in the Sync section that it's not yet compatible with the iPhone 6's :doh: Ford just needs to surrender and allow Apple CarPlay :frusty:

Sponsored

FordIVTteam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Hey guys,

Unplug your USB cords from the vehicle and reboot SYNC 3 by holding down the POWER button and the LEFT SEEK button.

Let me know if that helps.

Whitney

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Same here on my Sync3 and iPhone 6S. I read on the Ford owners website in the Sync section that it's not yet compatible with the iPhone 6's :doh: Ford just needs to surrender and allow Apple CarPlay :frusty:
Using apps with my 6S+, no problems. Got the NPR app installed, available when I'm connected via USB.

SC_Ruby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
Hey guys,

Unplug your USB cords from the vehicle and reboot SYNC 3 by holding down the POWER button and the LEFT SEEK button.

Let me know if that helps.

Whitney

[MENTION=14663]FordIVTteam[/MENTION] Does the car need to be running? I have a MY16 MT. So to be clear hold down the power button on the stereo and the Left seek button at the same time. What does the reboot sequence look like? What can I expect to see? Thanks :thumbsup:

SC_Ruby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
Using apps with my 6S+, no problems. Got the NPR app installed, available when I'm connected via USB.

[MENTION=18650]MaskedRacerX[/MENTION] did it work the very first time? Do you know if it will only work with music apps or will it also work with Apple maps or google maps? Thanks :thumbsup:

Sponsored

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
I've only had the car for 2 weeks (today in fact), but as I recall, I just made sure I had a "sync compatible" app, i.e., one of these:

http://owner.ford.com/sync-technology/sync-applink-catalog-sync.html

(Make sure click that panel on the right to browse all the available apps, the landing page is just a sample)

I had already connected my 6S via BT, then when I connected with USB (I've used both ports FWIW), my NPR app showed under APPS, and it's also a source on the main Music screen.

To answer your question (if I'm reading it correctly, and if I'm correct :D), the iOS app has to be built with a Sync3 "extension", so it's not like an iPhone can just broadcast any app to the console.

SC_Ruby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
I've only had the car for 2 weeks (today in fact), but as I recall, I just made sure I had a "sync compatible" app, i.e., one of these:

http://owner.ford.com/sync-technology/sync-applink-catalog-sync.html

(Make sure click that panel on the right to browse all the available apps, the landing page is just a sample)

I had already connected my 6S via BT, then when I connected with USB (I've used both ports FWIW), my NPR app showed under APPS, and it's also a source on the main Music screen.

To answer your question (if I'm reading it correctly, and if I'm correct :D), the iOS app has to be built with a Sync3 "extension", so it's not like an iPhone can just broadcast any app to the console.
Thanks :thumbsup: That explains alot :doh: Can't wait till Ford adopts Apple Car Play. I'll download one of the apps listed and try it out :cheers:

OP
OP
mjribeiro

mjribeiro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Sierra HD, 15 Acadia, 21 Aviator, 10 Explorer
[MENTION=14663]FordIVTteam[/MENTION] Does the car need to be running? I have a MY16 MT. So to be clear hold down the power button on the stereo and the Left seek button at the same time. What does the reboot sequence look like? What can I expect to see? Thanks :thumbsup:

I can't get a reboot to occur with those two buttons. Car running or not. Please advise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FordIVTteam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I can't get a reboot to occur with those two buttons. Car running or not. Please advise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hey guys,

I have to apologize for my weekend brain. LOL The correct buttons are POWER+RIGHT SEEK ARROW. Also, the vehicle should be running.

Hold those buttons down until the screen shuts off. You'll then see the Ford logo and the home screen will reappear.

Let me know how it goes.

Whitney
Sponsored