Sponsored

HELP. GT350 Crank Re-learn

ClayDee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LB 2018 GT350
Just had my tob, clutch and flywheel replaced. Now the car is throwing random misfire codes. Dealer cannot figure it out other than changing the spark plugs at this time. Car has 6,600 miles on the odometer. I'm thinking the plugs have nothing to do with it. Anyone familiar with having a Crank Relearn done to solve this problem?........
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
ClayDee

ClayDee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LB 2018 GT350
Dealer says they did the crank relearn.

Absolutely zero issues with misfires and never had any before the car was taken in for transmission work. Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 GT350 (sold)
Iā€™m no mechanic. What is tob?
Also Iā€™m assuming a Ford dealership did the work under warranty???

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
this is probably not going to be helpful since my work done was an engine, but mine threw misfire codes and ran terrible on 2 separate occasions due to...

1)crank relearn not being done lol

2) they didn't plug up 2 sensors on the back of the intake, in all fairness they are pretty hard to see.

i would be wondering if there are any sensors involved in those jobs and making sure they're all back together first.

Sponsored

OP
OP
ClayDee

ClayDee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LB 2018 GT350
this is probably not going to be helpful since my work done was an engine, but mine threw misfire codes and ran terrible on 2 separate occasions due to...

1)crank relearn not being done lol

2) they didn't plug up 2 sensors on the back of the intake, in all fairness they are pretty hard to see.

i would be wondering if there are any sensors involved in those jobs and making sure they're all back together first.

Hey @jvandy50 . Good to see you still around. How's that ZL1 treating you?.....

Yea, just a clutch, tob and flywheel was all that was performed. I've thrown it out there about connections, plugs, sensors, everything I can think of, relearn, crank sensor, everything..............

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Wow though, I guess you can't really complain about replacing those parts and having these issues at 6,600,000 miles. That's pretty good. :crackup::giggle:

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
Hey @jvandy50 . Good to see you still around. How's that ZL1 treating you?.....

Yea, just a clutch, tob and flywheel was all that was performed. I've thrown it out there about connections, plugs, sensors, everything I can think of, relearn, crank sensor, everything..............
Still loving it, just got it back from tuner...literally yesterday...after dad and i installed a cam/headers...sheā€™s rowdy to say the least lol

my heart is still with the mustang though, i heard a new edge GT start up today that sounded so good i wanted to go shake the guyā€™s hand, but i was in a hurry getting my kid to practice (and he was at a vape shop lol).

glad the relearn may have fixed it. Maybe they didnā€™t do it correct the first time??

OP
OP
ClayDee

ClayDee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LB 2018 GT350
Still loving it, just got it back from tuner...literally yesterday...after dad and i installed a cam/headers...sheā€™s rowdy to say the least lol

my heart is still with the mustang though, i heard a new edge GT start up today that sounded so good i wanted to go shake the guyā€™s hand, but i was in a hurry getting my kid to practice (and he was at a vape shop lol).

glad the relearn may have fixed it. Maybe they didnā€™t do it correct the first time??

Yea, I'm thinking they didn't do it the first time or it needed to be done again.

What kind of power you making?....................

Sponsored

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
Yea, I'm thinking they didn't do it the first time or it needed to be done again.

What kind of power you making?....................
Itā€™s crazy to me the car can run that badly without the relearn, but Iā€˜ve felt it lol. Still makes me cringe.

she made 646 on a mustang dyno, but with heat issues...fingers crossed my coolant reservoir just needs to finish burping(only driven twice since swap). I didnā€™t do a pulley simply to avoid the heat. Pretty cool guy and he does good work...right down the road from me. Makes me want to put an LS in the jeep even more now because i can literally walk to my tunerā€™s shop if need be lol

OP
OP
ClayDee

ClayDee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LB 2018 GT350
Itā€™s crazy to me the car can run that badly without the relearn, but Iā€˜ve felt it lol. Still makes me cringe.

she made 646 on a mustang dyno, but with heat issues...fingers crossed my coolant reservoir just needs to finish burping(only driven twice since swap). I didnā€™t do a pulley simply to avoid the heat. Pretty cool guy and he does good work...right down the road from me. Makes me want to put an LS in the jeep even more now because i can literally walk to my tunerā€™s shop if need be lol

Glad it was something that simple. Shat had me worried.

Didn't realize the ZL1 had problems with heat that bad. Nice numbers though!

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
Glad it was something that simple. Shat had me worried.

Didn't realize the ZL1 had problems with heat that bad. Nice numbers though!
It doesn't; only when you pulley down and increase boost without increasing intercooling capacity or if there's air in the intercooler circuit.
Sponsored