Sponsored

Help.... Body work

Splash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost 2017, Ford Fiesta ST200.
Hi guys,

I'm looking for some help. I slammed into a pigeon this morning doing about 70. It damaged my grill (not so bad) but the worst (and i suspect most expensive) is the front bumper which its cracked (see photos).

So a couple of questions ...

1. is the bumper repairable or will it have to be replaced?
2. if it has to be replaced, is it cheaper get the parts myself or just go through a body shop? (recommendations on where get one from would be useful)

Thanks for any advice.

IMG_20190525_060700.jpg
IMG_20190525_060708.jpg
Sponsored

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
that should be a fairly minor repair for the bumper I suspect most mobile repair guys like "mr dent" or "dent wizard" would be able to fix that no problems. The grill you can pick up for like £80 direct from ford.

OP
OP
Splash

Splash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
that should be a fairly minor repair for the bumper I suspect most mobile repair guys like "mr dent" or "dent wizard" would be able to fix that no problems. The grill you can pick up for like £80 direct from ford.
Thanks @hinch

I've just been to my local body shop to get an estimate. Won't hear about that till Tuesday. I really don't want to go through full repair so fingers crossed it can be repaired.

Fucking pigeons!

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT, GR Yaris, SWB Defender, Harley.
Must have been a pretty hard pigeon? Ive hit pigeons in a GT86 and a Porker 944 with no damage.. guess I've been lucky?

Just think.. if the bloody thing had been like 3 inches lower down you may have got away with it?

OP
OP
Splash

Splash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
Must have been a pretty hard pigeon? Ive hit pigeons in a GT86 and a Porker 944 with no damage.. guess I've been lucky?

Just think.. if the bloody thing had been like 3 inches lower down you may have got away with it?
I've hit a few lower down and had to rinse them out of the splitter. The grill isn't so much of the issue, I was thinking of having and RTR grill anyway at some point, it's the crack. My wife has something similar and required a whole new bumper which cost £600 quid replace.

Sponsored

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
I slammed into a pigeon this morning doing about 70.
Those pigeons can really shift... :wink:

Would have thought it could be plastic welded quite easily (?) however the problem might be matching/blending the paint especially with the proximity of your stripes. Pigeons are d*cks, especially early in the morning as they're dopey and just fly up right in front of vehicles. If it had got another 6 inches of lift it would have scudded off your windscreen no harm done.

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
This is almost identical to my split from last year - pheasant, M40, approx 70mph

Mine went to GT101 where it went off to a bodyshop to be plastic welded (I believe) and painted, absolutely immaculate job - from memory around £400

Yours being a little smaller may be slightly easier/cheaper but definitely repairable

76F17AE9-233E-46D2-95CC-0C3DE8F3CE66.jpeg

OP
OP
Splash

Splash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
Thanks guys. The guy at the body shop said you can't do anything with "white plastic". But presumably if you had your done @Kristian87 then mine can be done too.

If the paint needs to be blended then the stripe can be removed (he told me that can do stripes).

The body shop I went too this morning is excellent (unfortunately I've been before

OP
OP
Splash

Splash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
I've had a look under the bumper and it's seems it's been pushed back by the force of Mrs Pigeon exploding on impact with the grill (yes @W111BOB my thoughts are with the endangered species of winged rat )
IMG_20190525_121148.jpg
IMG_20190525_121136.jpg

Sponsored

W111BOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 5.0 ORANGUSTANG
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry mate... just trying to lighten your mood

Feel for you...

It'll fix though

OP
OP
Splash

Splash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
No worries Bob, I'm cool to be honest. I've just had the court papers arrive for the accident I had last year (I was wiped out by a van). So I know the kind of think that causes real grief.

She'll fix, it's just a ball ache.

Adam83

Yorkshireman.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2017 GT
Yeah that should repair no problem, would imagine £300-£400 for a decent job. Perfect opportunity to upgrade your grille though! Top and bottom GT grilles can be had for about £220 from Ford dealers.

OP
OP
Splash

Splash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
Yeah that should repair no problem, would imagine £300-£400 for a decent job. Perfect opportunity to upgrade your grille though! Top and bottom GT grilles can be had for about £220 from Ford dealers.
Thanks @Adam83 I was hoping you'd comment, if anyone would know, you'd know

Do the GT grills fit the EBM?