Mustang madness2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Troy
Vehicle(s)
MY19, MUSTANG GT. AUTO, RUBY RED.
Hi all,
Just getting ready to take off the front and rear bumpers and side skirts off my stang,
anything i should know before i attempt this.
I'm no mechanic,but do wish to do this on my own,any help would be appreciated.
Cheers.
Sponsored

POJ 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt build no.301
Hi all,
Just getting ready to take off the front and rear bumpers and side skirts off my stang,
anything i should know before i attempt this.
I'm no mechanic,but do wish to do this on my own,any help would be appreciated.
Cheers.
Why?

Sponsored

-Armoured-

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wolfgang
Vehicle(s)
Mazda RX7
I was under the impression that unpainted carbon fiber parts yellow when exposed to direct sun? Is that correct?

OP
OP
Mustang madness2018

Mustang madness2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Troy
Vehicle(s)
I was under the impression that unpainted carbon fiber parts yellow when exposed to direct sun? Is that correct?
Yes over time they will fade,but the Anderson's carbon comes with a clear cote on them,so only needs a coat of polish
put on them a couple of times a year,or as i am doing is having them ceramic coated and wrapped in nexis clear vinyl,
to help protect against stone chips.

Sponsored

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
Since no one actually answered your question, just take your time. Watch a Youtube video or three, and feel your way through. If you go to pull the bumper near the fender, and it takes any real strength to do so, stop, and check your work. You don't want to break the tabs.

It's really easy, though. There are like 18 small screws that hold the bumper into the belly pan, a couple along the header panel, then two that are behind the splash shields in the wheel well. Don't forget those two, or you'll tear the bumper tabs on the front. As for the rear, it might be slightly difference than my US 2016 car, but the same advice holds. I don't know about the side skirts, at all, but I'd assume there are several small screws along the bottom, as well as a couple hidden behind the splash shields.

JR

Anderson Composites

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.andersoncomposites.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2021 Ford Broncos (2 and 4-door)
Yes over time they will fade,but the Anderson's carbon comes with a clear cote on them,so only needs a coat of polish
put on them a couple of times a year,or as i am doing is having them ceramic coated and wrapped in nexis clear vinyl,
to help protect against stone chips.
Our carbon fiber components do not come with a clear coat. We use a marine grade resin with UV inhibitor. The high-luster finish is the resin. You are doing the right process of removing bumpers to install carbon fiber components. Factory bumpers are plastic and flex very easily while the carbon parts are stiffer, making installation a bit more challenging. We also suggest using a hood stand as a "workbench" when installing parts. There are lots of videos online as mentioned to get some idea of what is required. You can find some tech videos for our components on our YouTube channel.

OP
OP
Mustang madness2018

Mustang madness2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Troy
Vehicle(s)
Since no one actually answered your question, just take your time. Watch a Youtube video or three, and feel your way through. If you go to pull the bumper near the fender, and it takes any real strength to do so, stop, and check your work. You don't want to break the tabs.

It's really easy, though. There are like 18 small screws that hold the bumper into the belly pan, a couple along the header panel, then two that are behind the splash shields in the wheel well. Don't forget those two, or you'll tear the bumper tabs on the front. As for the rear, it might be slightly difference than my US 2016 car, but the same advice holds. I don't know about the side skirts, at all, but I'd assume there are several small screws along the bottom, as well as a couple hidden behind the splash shields.

JR
Thanks for the advice jacknifetoaswan, will be starting this upgrade today will take note of your advice.
cheers.

OP
OP
Mustang madness2018

Mustang madness2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Troy
Vehicle(s)
Our carbon fiber components do not come with a clear coat. We use a marine grade resin with UV inhibitor. The high-luster finish is the resin. You are doing the right process of removing bumpers to install carbon fiber components. Factory bumpers are plastic and flex very easily while the carbon parts are stiffer, making installation a bit more challenging. We also suggest using a hood stand as a "workbench" when installing parts. There are lots of videos online as mentioned to get some idea of what is required. You can find some tech videos for our components on our YouTube channel.
Apologies to Anderson Composite for my wrong information about the clear coat on the carbon products,
and thank you for the advice ,will take note and watch more youtube video's.
Cheers.
Sponsored