Sponsored

Hellion Street Sleeper turbo kit install pics and review

SilverTT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Cobra Vert
The Gen 2 Whipple was a fantastic supercharger and I don’t regret using it. It was quite fun having that instant hit of torque at any rpm.
That being said turbos sure hit much harder and have a lot better mid and high end pull. It’s so convenient using an electronic boost controller so I can run 93 octane if I need to and then e85 when I want to crank up the boost. All it takes is a couple mins to switch the tune over.
Thanks for this perspective tsloms. I have no doubt that the Hellion street sleeper twin kit is amazing and the right choice for most people who want to make really big power. Think it is amazing value as well. I also had a Gen2 2.3L on my 04 Cobra and really loved the power delivery. Now trying to figure out which I want for a new 2019 or 2020 mustang build that will be predominately a cruiser with some quick blasts of power when I want it but by no means a high HP highway monster. The Whipple delivery at incredibly low RPM is what I always loved so that’s my dilemma. Also love the low rpm whine and then full unobstructed header/exhaust scream at higher RPM. Tough call.
Sponsored

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
Do you have any pictures of your exhaust? I just bought the kit and I would like to see it connected to your catback and what had to be modified.

OP
OP
NightParade

NightParade

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2017 GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
@kcc0521 These are really the only ones i have right now. Its AWE touring and i just had it connected with stock style connections at first with no modifications, but have since changed out the H pipe for full 3" X with v-bands that connect to the downpipes so its full 3" now.

VQJ6Xa.jpg

LbPFRg.jpg

ninjacoupe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang gt
Does the oil plug clear the oil scavenge tank. I just hung my tank and have the UPR plug. It doesn’t look like it’ll clear for removal. The stock oil pan plug is a little shorter.

Sponsored

OP
OP
NightParade

NightParade

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2017 GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
@ninjacoupe I suppose your talking about 2018 oil pan? Mine is 17 so metal pan and the drain plug clears fine.

ninjacoupe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang gt
@ninjacoupe I suppose your talking about 2018 oil pan? Mine is 17 so metal pan and the drain plug clears fine.
Yes. 2018+ 1/4 turn with the plastic pan. It looks like the stock plug might “just” make it. I won’t be pulling the UPR plug till the summer. I’ll deal with it then. Maybe out the stock one back in.

OP
OP
NightParade

NightParade

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2017 GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
@ninjacoupe yeah I could see that since it sticks out much more and has the finger hole. Kinda sucks because it looks like a good piece and better than stock plastic plug.

Black Dog

Looking For Trouble
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Air Cooled Twins by Comp Turbo
Yes. 2018+ 1/4 turn with the plastic pan. It looks like the stock plug might “just” make it. I won’t be pulling the UPR plug till the summer. I’ll deal with it then. Maybe out the stock one back in.
It is very close. Oil changes won't be fun but doable.

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
Did you install a boost controller yet? I am trying to determine where to mount the solenoids and what type of line to use.

Sponsored
OP
OP
NightParade

NightParade

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2017 GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
@kcc0521 Hey, yes i have the GFB gforce II boost controller mounted right in front of my shifter in coin tray location, fathouse fab makes a cool little bracket for it. I ran the small cable from boost controller under the center console and down under the rubber seal for the shifter then along the tranny tunnel up to the solenoid which i ziptied to the oil resivoir bracket.
20181228_160005.jpg

I ran my vacuum lines just like this configuration and works perfect for me.

Option #1 (1).jpg

hxw2Xp.jpg

Last edited:

HELLION TURBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
@kcc0521 Hey, yes i have the GFB gforce II boost controller mounted right in front of my shifter in coin tray location, fathouse fab makes a cool little bracket for it. I ran the small cable from boost controller under the center console and down under the rubber seal for the shifter then along the tranny tunnel up to the solenoid which i ziptied to the oil resivoir bracket.
20181228_160005.jpg

Option #1 (1).jpg

hxw2Xp.jpg
Great looking build!!!

We are very proud of this kit and cant wait to see more builds online! Lots of records to fall this spring! :like:

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
20181228_160005.jpg

Option #1 (1).jpg

hxw2Xp.jpg
Thanks for the info. I bought the same mount for my boost leash. hellion recommended mounting the solenoids in fender behind inner fender. I am trying to decide what type of lines to run now. I think I am going with an lines.