Helion Composites Hood

VTECSAUCE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB PP GT w/ RECARO's & ITR swapped '94 hatch
I assure you it's not a tease. However they do a lot of work for other companies as well. So it has to be done in parallel or in between jobs.
Sweet! Faith restored. Best cosmetic mod to come out for this car hands down.

uglygun

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 289 2v, 95 Cobra, 05 GT, 15 GT Perf Pack
Yeah.

Cervinis and others... are you paying attention?

This is the hood to make. Hell buy the moulds from Helion to use for speeding up tour RND.

Get this made. Dont care who at this point as long as quality is there.

Ready to buy!

chrisgonzales

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic [wrap'd grey] GT Premium PP
Can't wait i call dibs on a carbon fiber version, saving up now :D

uglygun

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I assure you it's not a tease. However they do a lot of work for other companies as well. So it has to be done in parallel or in between jobs.
You seem to have some connection with the shop.

Could you remind them of the interest in the hood and that the thread exists? Being busy is one thing but seemingly disappearing, even if in between shop moves, is part to blame.

This seriously does not need to be vaporware and it needs to not be a 9 month to 1 year wait.

Sponsored

VTECSAUCE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB PP GT w/ RECARO's & ITR swapped '94 hatch
The want is strong on this forum. Idc about trying to mock a Gt350, I just want more heat extraction which a larger center vent would more than likely create, as well as a lower hood line for better visibility. This is perfect.

uglygun

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I hate having a hood line that shares the Focus and Fusion "signature" while also blocking the road view.

GT350 hood is perfection. This hood is damn close to that. Car looks so much more menacing and even lower to the ground.

And to think every other hood maker to date has built upwards from the stock GT hood. Blech.

JGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
And to think every other hood maker to date has built upwards from the stock GT hood. Blech.
Agreed. I rarely ever like aftermarket hoods, because they always look so damn busy and chunky and don't flow with the lines of the car. Not so with this one.

Petroleum Jesus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
I'm not sure what everyone is so excited about. I understand this is purely a form, but the form looks terrible. There are major symmetry issues which are made most apparent in the pic from the drivers view (the drivers side crown on the vent line is far thicker and tapers farther). Also, the pinch where the hood meets the fender needs to be pulled forward or otherwise tapered at a different angle, probably both. I would recommend something parabolic or perhaps even helical (axis of rotation roughly parallel to the body, rotating clockwise away from the cowl). Either way, creasing on a feature that is so close the edge of the hood looks way too busy. I'm not saying the form is a total throw away, but this isn't even in the ballpark of production ready.

Sponsored

uglygun

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It hits closer to home than anything else out there even if in rough shape.

At least it isnt another stupid dual vent "super snake" pile of crap tacked onto an otherwise stock hood.

As for the rise to meet the fender, it isnt far off from a GT350 hood(which otber claimed hoods are a fucking flat out lie and gawdawful).

This thread begs for updates and there is demand for it to be finished. Dont like it? Do better yourself or maybe buy the other ugly as sin options out there.

68fbjjz109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' GTPP
While I haven't seen the hood in some time. I do know there is most certainly not symmetry issues. Aside from aesthetic opinions. Petroleum Jesus is correct about one thing those images are not of a production ready part.

The passenger side had received initial layers of primer to begin prep when I stopped by, of course we had to see how it looked on the car. Anyhow the part line for the primer is visible. The drivers side is a raw gel coat surface just as it was pulled from clay.

The true tangents of the fascia lines and fender bulge lines were purposely left intact so no definition was lost in preparation. IIRC a 5mm filleted edge will be used. A polymer insert was actually placed within the clay to ensure true tangents.

The over all lines of the hood will be more subtle, as the passenger side somewhat represents. The fender bulge sweeps to the same point just as the GT350 does.

Last I spoke with Todd, although they where very busy with other work. They should be making an official presence here soon.

Last edited:

toddc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
in process
Hello all,

Rest assured, not vaporware. Long time getting this to fruition. It takes quite a bit of work to get through all of the phases from clay model development to hard model development to actual tooling. This product will be hitting the market as soon as it meets the quality, surface and weight requirements that we demand of all of our products.

When it does, there will be a commercial post in the appropriate forum.

Thank you,

toddc
Helion Composites

Bob_Whit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Todd
Thank you for going with that hood. One question I have is : Are you providing any provisions for attaching underhood insulation? Not a problem either way, just a question.

uglygun

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hello all,

Rest assured, not vaporware. Long time getting this to fruition. It takes quite a bit of work to get through all of the phases from clay model development to hard model development to actual tooling. This product will be hitting the market as soon as it meets the quality, surface and weight requirements that we demand of all of our products.

When it does, there will be a commercial post in the appropriate forum.

Thank you,

toddc
Helion Composites
Thank you
Sponsored