NVGT

NVGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Well...that seems straightforward, alright. The most telling part was when they swapped the parts and the concern followed the suspect part. So the logic was sound (to replace the part - again)

These components rarely malfunction, but - like all electromechanical components - a certain percentage are faulty right outta the box, and the rest eventually do fail. It's inevitable.

Time will tell!

Thanks for following up.
Yeah all seems logical on the procedure......I would've swapped the actuators since the test led back to it before I replaced the harness though.
Sponsored

ronemca

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2016 P/EB w PP
I wouldn't be surprised if they actually didn't install that new harness. It was a warranty repair, (therefore paid for by the company) and the harness would have been awkward to replace. And if they tried the swap FIRST, they likely said "Aw geez - let's just put the new actuator in and put the car outside!"

But you'll never know.

Last edited:

avocet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I had this problem,blend doors changed then failed on the way home lol.Eventually they said it was the wiring harness/connection plugs bad joints.Dash out and new wiring in and all good,this was 10 months ago.Uk RHD as well.

ronemca

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2016 P/EB w PP
<snip>Eventually they said it was the wiring harness/connection...Dash out and new wiring in >snip<
That's what I thought; the IP very likely would have to have been removed in Nevada as well...which is a fairly involved & disruptive job. I'm not saying it wasn't done for the OP (I don't have a clear picture of how long they had the car) but I'd bet they did the swap-the-suspect-actuator-to-the-other-side FIRST, and concluded that the harness was not to blame.

But it's fixed - so no more worries! <crosses fingers>

OP
OP
NVGT

NVGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
That's what I thought; the IP very likely would have to have been removed in Nevada as well...which is a fairly involved & disruptive job. I'm not saying it wasn't done for the OP (I don't have a clear picture of how long they had the car) but I'd bet they did the swap-the-suspect-actuator-to-the-other-side FIRST, and concluded that the harness was not to blame.

But it's fixed - so no more worries! <crosses fingers>
They had the car for 2 weeks over the Thanksgiving Holiday this last time waiting on a harness they said. I picked it up Thursday November 29th.

I was in Reno Christmas shopping December 4th last night, it was chilly @4:30pm kicked on the heat and no Joy. Blowing all cold air from passenger side just like previous times. Driving an hour home last night @19* was a cold (window fogged) ride. Thank god for heated seats or my wife would've slit my throat.

Now that I read the work order again it looks as if they only reinspected the wire harness because they found the blend door act bad again, even though they ordered it with intention of replacing it as ronemca suggested.

Called Ford 800-392-FORD and they could careless. He said I don't see a recall concerning this issue, implying it's an isolated case. 6 times to the dealer for the same thing. They sent a note to the service manager that they have a unhappy customer.

Last edited:

Sponsored

ronemca

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2016 P/EB w PP
Oh Man - sometimes it's not so excellent to be right. I'm sorry you're going through this aggro.

Is there another dealer within a reasonable distance? Sometimes all it takes is for the customer to find a dealer that cares about customer service to get something like this fixed. Mind you - you may want to stick with the same dealer unless it is a warrantable repair (which at this stage seems probable)

OP
OP
NVGT

NVGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Oh Man - sometimes it's not so excellent to be right. I'm sorry you're going through this aggro.

Is there another dealer within a reasonable distance? Sometimes all it takes is for the customer to find a dealer that cares about customer service to get something like this fixed. Mind you - you may want to stick with the same dealer unless it is a warrantable repair (which at this stage seems probable)
65 miles away is another dealer. Not close enough to walk home.

OP
OP
NVGT

NVGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Well come to find out after talking to the mechanic that Wire Assy they replaced is just a pigtail to the HVAC harness. So they are now ordering the HVAC harness today, they'll call when it arrives.

ronemca

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2016 P/EB w PP
Ah. The story gets more specific! In any case these repairs will be covered, so that's a plus.

Not to darken your horizon, but you might want to take a few clear photos of your door weather-strips (the ones on the body not on the doors) as well as the A-pillars and the console. These photos should be taken as near as possible to the time you drop off the car. My thinking is this:

If indeed the IP is being extracted (and if they're replacing the 14401 loom then it must be) the console and the A-pillars must come out first. They might just shift the console aft as opposed to removing it completely, but the bottom line is that the re&re of an IP is a significant disruption to the interior, and can result in scratches and cuts to adjacent surfaces especially by apathetic dealers...which I think accurately characterizes yours. So when you get it back and you fine-tooth-comb it, you'll be able to prove that it has damage that it didn't arrive with.

OP
OP
NVGT

NVGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Ah. The story gets more specific! In any case these repairs will be covered, so that's a plus.

Not to darken your horizon, but you might want to take a few clear photos of your door weather-strips (the ones on the body not on the doors) as well as the A-pillars and the console. These photos should be taken as near as possible to the time you drop off the car. My thinking is this:

If indeed the IP is being extracted (and if they're replacing the 14401 loom then it must be) the console and the A-pillars must come out first. They might just shift the console aft as opposed to removing it completely, but the bottom line is that the re&re of an IP is a significant disruption to the interior, and can result in scratches and cuts to adjacent surfaces especially by apathetic dealers...which I think accurately characterizes yours. So when you get it back and you fine-tooth-comb it, you'll be able to prove that it has damage that it didn't arrive with.
Thanks Man..........I'll do that. On a side note, I raised the hood before going back to the dealer just to see if damage of any kind was present in the engine bay. I found the large battery cover off with no fasteners attached, it had been wedged between the engine cover and hood seal at the rear, it left a mark on the engine cover when the hood pinched it upon closing. The look of amazement and shock when I handed the cover to them when I arrived. They asked how that happen? I said you didn't reattach it when you disconnected the battery during the last blend actuator change.

Sponsored

ronemca

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2016 P/EB w PP
It's sad when people who care about their cars --- and invest hard-earned money & time into the purchase & upkeep -- have to create photo and video EVIDENCE so as to protect themselves from the apathy of the agents that are supposed to FIX them.

Now I'm thinking you had better video the areas of concern in the cabin and under the hood when you drop it off. Literally - pop the hood and open the doors and film all around & in the car...making sure you capture the odometer reading, the date and time and the surroundings in one continuous clip.

And btw - I'm sure you're all over this already, but -- keep copies of ALL the paperwork. And be sure the odometer readings, dates and part numbers are all recorded on the documents.

OP
OP
NVGT

NVGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
They still haven't fixed it. They replaced the whole wiring harness and it was still burning out blend actuators. As of last Thursday night Dec14th they were still ohm'ing wires and checking grounds. Dec 15th I told them to keep the Mustang, Ford sent me an X-Plan PIN number and I bought a 2018 F150. That Mustang is still parked outside the dealers shop with a truck parked behind it. Glad it's gone.

MustngRydr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT PP, 2012 Subaru Impreza Prem
Hey Guys,

I know this post is old but I hope someone will read my reply. I am currently having this issue... My Mustang has been in the shop more the past THREE months than with me... 2015 GT Premium with cold air on the right side. The Ford Dealership has done EVERYTHING... Blend Door Actuators, the FICM (i think i spelled that wrong), and just recently they had my car for a month to 'replace' two wiring harnesses in the dash... I'm very frustrated they cannot find the issue to resolve this. They keep giving me a loaner but its not a performance car and i'm to the point of very much missing driving my 6 speed. Has anyone found an actual fix for this? This will be the 4th time taking it back to Ford for this... Please any help would be appreciated. I know we are practically doing Ford's job for them..

MustngRydr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT PP, 2012 Subaru Impreza Prem
They still haven't fixed it. They replaced the whole wiring harness and it was still burning out blend actuators. As of last Thursday night Dec14th they were still ohm'ing wires and checking grounds. Dec 15th I told them to keep the Mustang, Ford sent me an X-Plan PIN number and I bought a 2018 F150. That Mustang is still parked outside the dealers shop with a truck parked behind it. Glad it's gone.
Hey so I read through this entire thread and found that you just told Ford to keep the car and you got an X-Plan pin? Would you mind explaining what that actually is? I've been going through hell with mine trying to get it fixed and an fed up with it...

JayRex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford mustang 2017
Hey so I read through this entire thread and found that you just told Ford to keep the car and you got an X-Plan pin? Would you mind explaining what that actually is? I've been going through hell with mine trying to get it fixed and an fed up with it...
Hi, so my 2017 mustang has been at the mechanics for the last week and a half with heater problems (driver side blowing cold air) and they are replacing the fcim now after replacing the looms, sensor/motors and it's my 3rd visit to Ford I seriously hope I don't have such a big problem as the first guy on this thread
Sponsored