alimustafa23

alimustafa23
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustafa
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT blood red PP
Has anyone experienced this? Anytime I turn on the HVAC system, whether the fan speed be 1 or 6, there is a whiny noise that comes on right when the heater or AC is turned on.. matter of fact as soon as you hit that power button. I hear it more from the center of the dash. I thought it could be the blower motor so I tried listening under the glove box but nothing there. It sounds like "zuiiiii" kinda hard to explain. I tried recording it but can't quiet get the sound. I'll try to record when it is super quiet. Is this normal? I just started noticing this yesterday.

-Mustafa
Sponsored

POOPonYOU

I Do Stupid Well
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red GT Premium
Did you end up figuring out the issue? Or just take it in for service.

OP
OP

alimustafa23

alimustafa23
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustafa
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT blood red PP
No not yet. I tried calling my dealer and making an appointment..was on hold for 15 mins both the times I called and no response. I got frustrated and hung up. I feel like once you buy the car, they have nothing to do with you.. I will try again and post an update

superman07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
I got home tonight and have the same exact issue. If the ac, or heat is engaged there is a loud, cycling noise. Off and on, at first it sounded like the electric cooling fans wouldn't start but if I turn off climate control the sound goes away.

Also sounds like belt noise if I increase RPM quickly.

Sponsored

superman07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
there has been a rash of AC failures on the gt350, Guess i am next. I am guessing they should have used a larger pulley.

Pa-fatboy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium; 1966 Mustang, 1996 Dodge Ram 1500
Any updates on this issue? I have the exact same problem. It sounds like a bearing failure on a fan somewhere. Mine goes into dealer next week.

ryant601

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT - Black Accent Package
It's likely your compressor. Had same exact symptoms, replaced it and all is well.

jdawg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Oxford white
Yea I'm having the same issues with my heater? Is the compressor the issue?

redhorse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
Just had the evap core replaced (two days ago) and less than 50 miles later the compressor is making the same type of noises as the OP. What’s strange is it makes the noise for the first minute after cranking even though the climate control doesn’t show the AC being on. Going to troubleshoot more this weekend and likely take it back to the dealer next week. Glad I got the extended warranty, bought it in October the day after the factory warranty went out. Already paid for itself!

Sponsored

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
I think what you guys are hearing is the cabin temp sensor fan located near the steering column. There is a fan there to circulate air though the cabin temp sensor for the automatic climate control.

stangpede

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / PPP
Is there any updates on this issue? I noticed mine happening a couple months ago and the noise has gotten louder.
It’s sounds like a mini supercharger sound. The whine gets louder as the revs get higher.

Does anyone know of if there’s a TSB out for this?

ryant601

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
Is there any updates on this issue? I noticed mine happening a couple months ago and the noise has gotten louder.
It’s sounds like a mini supercharger sound. The whine gets louder as the revs get higher.

Does anyone know of if there’s a TSB out for this?
Compressor replacement was the fix for me.

stangpede

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / PPP
Did the dealer warranty it? Did they recognize the issue right away? I fear the dealer is going to point at mods, as they always do.

ryant601

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
Did the dealer warranty it? Did they recognize the issue right away? I fear the dealer is going to point at mods, as they always do.
I was at 40k, so out of warranty. I had other AC related symptoms, like warm air - so they went to the compressor pretty early on.
Sponsored