Sponsored

Heated/Cooled Seats mystery

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Good call, I’ll do that tomorrow. Thanks for the suggestion.

We did get a pretty thorough car fax, would that not be in there?
No CarFax or any other type of VIN reporting is not going to have exact warranty (or even all warranty) instances. Some don’t even have any listed.

When you call the Ford Dealership give them your VIN and also ask for a complete OASIS report. That report contains any and all warranty repairs as long as the car was serviced at any Ford Dealership nationwide. If the car was serviced at some off the wall side mom-n-pop shop, those repairs are not logged to the VIN.
Sponsored

OP
OP
JohnDoe_5oh

JohnDoe_5oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
No CarFax or any other type of VIN reporting is not going to have exact warranty (or even all warranty) instances. Some don’t even have any listed.

When you call the Ford Dealership give them your VIN and also ask for a complete OASIS report. That report contains any and all warranty repairs as long as the car was serviced at any Ford Dealership nationwide. If the car was serviced at some off the wall side mom-n-pop shop, those repairs are not logged to the VIN.
I just got off the phone with them and the only warranty work ever done was for a faulty water pump.

I will say that if I install this new ‘correct’ module and it does the same thing. I’m gonna lose it, haha.

OP
OP
JohnDoe_5oh

JohnDoe_5oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Well, the new module works. The seats are heating up just as expected using the new, ‘correct’ part.
5391BAED-6A3D-49A3-8281-DECE94CCFBCC.jpeg
. So I’m left with a mystery. Who changed it and when, not to mention why.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Well, the new module works. The seats are heating up just as expected using the new, ‘correct’ part.
Good to hear it’s working!

So exactly what is the difference between the modules internally, anyone have a schematic?

Sponsored

OP
OP
JohnDoe_5oh

JohnDoe_5oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
So exactly what is the difference between the modules internally, anyone have a schematic?
I wish I did, but alas, I don’t. It makes no sense, especially considering the parts, including the blowers, seem to be the same. Maybe amp/voltage regulation? I know the alternators in an F150 (which the ‘old’ module was ‘designed’ for) put out different voltage and amps.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I don't think anyone changed it, I just think someone at the factory grabbed the wrong module and it's always been like that.

OP
OP
JohnDoe_5oh

JohnDoe_5oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
I don't think anyone changed it, I just think someone at the factory grabbed the wrong module and it's always been like that.
That couldn't be it as the mustang and F150's are manufactured in completely separate plants in completely separate states (Mustangs in Dearborn, F150s in KC, MO). Also, no one would have taken it in for warranty throughout the almost 4 years of its lifespan? The module would have never worked, not from the day it rolled off the assembly line with that module model #.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
That couldn't be it as the mustang and F150's are manufactured in completely separate plants in completely separate states (Mustangs in Dearborn, F150s in KC, MO). Also, no one would have taken it in for warranty throughout the almost 4 years of its lifespan? The module would have never worked, not from the day it rolled off the assembly line with that module model #.
You're giving Ford's logistical network too much credit, lol. The wrong parts can absolutely end up at any one of the plants and be overlooked. I agree that it's strange that nobody complained, but it's technically possible the previous owner never had passengers and didn't use the heated seat, and just assumed the cooled function was kinda crap and didn't bother with it again.

ZPD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
Thanks for the write-up.
I have my driver's seat out on my garage floor right now trying to figure out why heat and cooling are not working. No burned-out grounds like others experienced so maybe I will pull the passenger seat out and look at the module. Good time to clean the carpet!

Sponsored

Jtb986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang gt350, 2009 Aston Martin db9
Read through this thread, and joined the forum becuase I had to say something. I recently purchased a 2017 gt350 and had some issues with the seats as well, the cooling worked for both but the heat worked for neither, fuses were good, relays kicked on, button lights illuminated. Did some reading, came across the thread and decided to take a peek at the module. Lo and behold, GU5T-14B663-AA is installed on my car as well, the new correct unit is now in the mail. Not sure how this is happening, the car just recently came out of warranty, dealer serviced and one owner, no record of work being done to the seats. Being here in Ohio, it's entirely possible the prior owner never even used the heated seats so it went unnoticed. Makes you wonder how many others have the wrong part installed.

OP
OP
JohnDoe_5oh

JohnDoe_5oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Read through this thread, and joined the forum becuase I had to say something. I recently purchased a 2017 gt350 and had some issues with the seats as well, the cooling worked for both but the heat worked for neither, fuses were good, relays kicked on, button lights illuminated. Did some reading, came across the thread and decided to take a peek at the module. Lo and behold, GU5T-14B663-AA is installed on my car as well, the new correct unit is now in the mail. Not sure how this is happening, the car just recently came out of warranty, dealer serviced and one owner, no record of work being done to the seats. Being here in Ohio, it's entirely possible the prior owner never even used the heated seats so it went unnoticed. Makes you wonder how many others have the wrong part installed.
Wow! Its good to know it wasn't just me. This is insane. I'd be interested to know the date of manufacture of our cars. Perhaps they were assembled around the same time and the incorrect modules had been supplied and installed in a multitude of cars around that time.

Thanks for the input!

Jtb986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang gt350, 2009 Aston Martin db9
Wow! Its good to know it wasn't just me. This is insane. I'd be interested to know the date of manufacture of our cars. Perhaps they were assembled around the same time and the incorrect modules had been supplied and installed in a multitude of cars around that time.

Thanks for the input!
Sticker on the door says mine was made 11/16

ZPD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
Sticker on the door says mine was made 11/16
So I checked mine today. Car was built in 11/16 and also has the GU5T-14B663-AA module.
I guess I will buy the other one and see if the seats start working again.
Sponsored