Sponsored

Heard it from a friend - mass production next week

OH3Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra Convertible
Heard it from a plant connection - Mass production starts next week. Here we go!
Sponsored

Dunk812

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Rapid Red
Heard it from a plant connection - Mass production starts next week. Here we go!
Mass production for 5000 units that maybe a stretch.......lol but certainly general production starts next week, still interested to know how many a week they plan on doing

OP
OP
OH3Cobra

OH3Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra Convertible
No idea on the #/week or #/day. Would be interesting to understand if they are a specific run or interspersed within normal production? I'm sure the run will be broken in to two waves - one now til bad weather, then a spring run. My guesses.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
..still interested to know how many a week they plan on doing
I think I read somewhere that Ford produces about 500-600 Mustangs per day under full production. I doubt they SHIP that many daily though.

DocGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shadow Black GT500, 2019 Explorer Sport
If it is true “mass production” why don’t most of us have build dates?

Sponsored

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
Doc: My guess is that shipment scheduling and parts availability may be part of the reason more don't have build weeks. I wouldn't be surprised if there's a committee that meets every week to decide on which orders go into production for the next week.

DocGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shadow Black GT500, 2019 Explorer Sport
Doc: My guess is that shipment scheduling and parts availability may be part of the reason more don't have build weeks. I wouldn't be surprised if there's a committee that meets every week to decide on which orders go into production for the next week.
That would make sense, but my order is a base with the tech package. I can’t image what the material hold would be versus a CFTP. Hopefully that committee wants to pull a few models destined for Cleveland.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
Hopefully that committee wants to pull a few models destined for Cleveland.
Doc: I grew up outside Akron and in spite of us being from the same state originally, I hope that committee picks cars headed for South Texas before Cleveland. :-)

OP
OP
OH3Cobra

OH3Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra Convertible
That would make sense, but my order is a base with the tech package. I can’t image what the material hold would be versus a CFTP. Hopefully that committee wants to pull a few models destined for Cleveland.
I'm betting the warmer climates have more "pull" as well as Mustang volume. I'm in the Midwest as well and despite my lust for this care would be happy with a spring build for three reasons.
1. More time to build the funds needed
2. If it get it in October it'll see a few days before going into storage until the weather breaks.
3. Later production should have the process better sorted and manifest in the build quality. I had a first run 03 Cobra and had to lemon law it, then got a second run with all of the issues sorted out. Still have it!

Deviruchi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 (L0646)
I'm betting the warmer climates have more "pull" as well as Mustang volume. I'm in the Midwest as well and despite my lust for this care would be happy with a spring build for three reasons.
1. More time to build the funds needed
2. If it get it in October it'll see a few days before going into storage until the weather breaks.
3. Later production should have the process better sorted and manifest in the build quality. I had a first run 03 Cobra and had to lemon law it, then got a second run with all of the issues sorted out. Still have it!
Honest question: Why are you planning on putting the GT500 in storage? I've been in northern climates before and plenty of people drive through the winter with RWD cars and even on summer tires.

edit: I personally am planning on throwing some all seasons on it for the winter and riding it out.

Last edited:

Sponsored

YOLO

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06, Lexus GS350
So the GT500 is going into production next week, no performance times, etc...

Seems like Ford is really dragging its feet on this GT500.

Sounds like the Corvette C8 except they said at least Sub 3 seconds Zero to Sixty.

I need to see Reviews before I'm ordering any car. Especially when it's getting close to $100k.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
I think it's because Ford has said that the new Michelins should not be used in inclement weather. Covering their behinds, no doubt but hopefully, also thinking about the customers.

OP
OP
OH3Cobra

OH3Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra Convertible
Honest question: Why are you planning on putting the GT500 in storage? I've been in northern climates before and plenty of people drive through the winter with RWD cars and even on summer tires.
My daily is a 300 SRT8 (392Hemi with RWD), a handful enough on snow. We also have a Honda Ridgeline that serves as hauler and winter vehicle. If you don't have to expose it to bad weather - why would you? My Cobra has seen rain 3x's in 42K miles and love every minute of driving it, just don't want to try in on bad weather days for my protection and that of the vehicle. A lot of times in bad weather it's the "other" people that scare you. I'm fast on dry, cautious in rain and a down right law abider on snow/ice. Too many road trips to Chicago on I 65 have instilled that into my brain.

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
First build was scheduled for 9/16. That means they are going according to plan.

Tim_bits

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timmer
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram and 2020 GT500

edit: I personally am planning on throwing some all seasons on it for the winter and riding it out.
Salt is the devil and is put out in mass quantity in most northern states. I’ll be driving my truck those months.
Sponsored