Heads up Cali Owners…

Robert3487

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
but you're also probably paying 40% higher for anything else such as properly/rentals/products or taxes, correct?

Meaning sure Silicon CA annual salary is higher than other States but Cost of Living is too.

It would be like saying someone in NY gets an annual salary of $100k, while the same exact job in FL pays only $70k... but cost of living in each location is averaged out or in some instances "just getting by" based on those salaries. The only way to "win" would be if the NYer moves to FL and retains same $100k salary, but can benefit from the lower Cost of Living in FL (depending on location selected).

It's also like - hey DE doesn't have taxes, but most of DE Isn't paying Silicon CA or NY City salary levels either...
Not as much as you would think, thats why we have so many "super commuters" here. I'm a little over 90 miles from the bay, I live in the central valley where the cost of living is way cheaper but I'm still getting bay area pay. Fortunately for me I rarely have to go into the office. If I moved to the bay I would easily be paying double for less space.
Sponsored

drgnrdr33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium PP, 2003 Marauder
If you have an OBDII port then CA does not sniff the tailpipe. They just plug into the OBDII port at idle and you wait for about 15 minutes. The techs dont even sit in the car, rev the engine, etc. The techs do check under the hood for the stock PCV, EGR, and associated emissions hoses, etc. It's been this way for about 10 years or so.

I can confirm if the car does not have a stock tune the smog test machine flags it immediately and you are shooed way. You have to return with a stock tune and all the ECU tests completed using the Ford drive cycle or the car wont pass smog.

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
yeah the problem that the media isn't reporting is people are leaving...and new people are filling the void instantly. No matter how expensive, there are people fighting to buy the homes.
According to the National Association of Realtors (link below) California is one of the highest outbound states. Does not seem like people are really trying too hard to start living there....just the opposite it seems. It could change this year or next...maybe. I have been doing research since I am almost 57 and thinking of retiring in 5 or 6 years. Nowhere does anyone say California is a great or good place to retire. It does have a lot of really great places to visit though. A few places in Florida, North and South Carolina are at the top of our list at the moment (currently in NJ). Most likely will be snow birds as most of our family are in NJ, PA and VA. The Top 10 States Americans Are Leaving and Moving To | Realtor Magazine

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
Sooo, just flash a stock tune before you go? Prob not that easy but if there’s a will, there’s a way.
That's probably pretty easy with hand held tuners that store the stock tune - reflash and go. And then re-reflash back to funland.

Sponsored

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
How does making people flash to stock a minute before the test then back a minute after make any difference to the environment?

Wonder how they check. I can't believe they compare every bit so is there a hardware register with a checksum or something? If not, will tuners figure a way to spoof the tests?
Whoa, whoa, whoa .... you are thinking WAY too rationally. Our legislators can't jerk off 24-7. They need to at least pretend to something valuable.

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
In CA. The smog people have to see that the ECU is in some form of Readiness state on top of the visual inspection. Also I beleieve new cars do not get smogged for the first 5 year, but who knows in this country of CA.
6 years

vanquishvzla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 50th anniversary
DuTxIVyVsAAP_Ya.jpg

$100k/year is not a big thing, specially if you have to pay retarded real state prices, taxes, etc.

more and more, i like Florida. Even when we don't have nice driving roads lol

download.jpg

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0

blitzburgh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BMW M2C
According to the National Association of Realtors (link below) California is one of the highest outbound states. Does not seem like people are really trying too hard to start living there....just the opposite it seems. It could change this year or next...maybe. I have been doing research since I am almost 57 and thinking of retiring in 5 or 6 years. Nowhere does anyone say California is a great or good place to retire. It does have a lot of really great places to visit though. A few places in Florida, North and South Carolina are at the top of our list at the moment (currently in NJ). Most likely will be snow birds as most of our family are in NJ, PA and VA. The Top 10 States Americans Are Leaving and Moving To | Realtor Magazine
If you believe the first part of your post, come here and put a bid down on one of the homes that someone left, to move to Texas. When you come in full asking, all cash, no contingencies, and get out bid by 14 other people offering 100k and more on top of all that I listed.

Let me know then about what the nation relators link says.

Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,

MattSin97

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Don't smog checks come like 8 years after owning the car?

DemonGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Mustang GT, 2021 Mustang GT PP1
That is true. The big advantage my son has in Cali is not a ton of extra money, but kick ass weather, hiking, biking, and hot rod driving all year long. While most of us in the Midwest/Northeast are putting our cars away from November to March, they are enjoying the same 60-80 degree weather every day. The south doesn't even have that.
I would rather put my car away a few months a year then deal with the BS in Cali.

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
I don't have a problem with California and all of there regulation laws and mandates. And I'm glad that people that want that style of living have a place to live.
True different from what I want. The last thing I want is for them to come to my neighborhood and want to live like this. I respect them and their lifestyle.
Sponsored