Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
So I already have the Dynode light kits for the "Switchback" blinker, the LED Side-markers, and the 4th brake-light.

So I was wondering about the headlights...

The 2018 is going to be LED Headlights while ours are HID. Not too sure which is better overall, but I am sure the HID replace bulbs are expensive.

So here is the discussion...

First, which is better?

Second, do owners need to change out the HIDs for LEDs now or at replacement time?

Third, what options are there for the GT350?
Sponsored

Wine dude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black GT 350
I think the HID bulbs from Diode are 120 for the pair. Changing to LED I suspect will require different wiring maybe a board, if you have to change the whole light etc I suspect that will be big bucks, even to change the bulb the front end has to come off, so it's way more difficult then the other bulb upgrades.

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
Changing the lightbulbs is as easy as removing the inner wheel liners, i changed my headlight bulbs with higher color temperature bulbs and while there, i fixed the front bumper to front fender gap.

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
I just realized I barely ever drive it at night so I am not too worried about it.

But, changing over from Halogen/HID to LED usually is pretty expensive. I was going to do it on my 15 F150 and it was going to be about 2k plus for the vendor that I liked. This coupled with a couple of other things I wanted to do to it lead me to just trade it in for a 16 Lariat.

Also a lot of the BMW people want to do it as well and it is higher than the 2k by quite a bit IIRC.

Any way, it is usually pretty expensive and requires other hardware, wiring etc from what I've seen.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
I wouldn't use HID bulb cost as a reason to switch. A friend bought new bulbs for his Audi for $25 each and they look a bit better than OE, IMO.

Stoked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Focus RS/2016 GT350/2002 Audi A4
I like the LED options but never really thought the Mustang's headlights were that bad.
I think the RS lights might be a tad brighter, I guess I'll pay closer attention...

I had LEDs from VLEDs in my Miata. Made a WORLD of difference and the total cost for the 4 bulbs was about 400. The bulbs themselves were rock solid reliable. I love the way they come on so quickly, and they weren't blinding.

I just bought 4 micro LEDs from them in the 6K color range for my A4 and the cost was about $290.
Sponsored