Sponsored

Headlight + DRL on same time: Coding or wiring?

GermanEco2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost FL 2018
Hello,

we want to have Headlight (low beam) and DLR on at the same time at our pony, 2018 Facelift LED Headlights.
Is it possible to coding this function or does i need to change the wiring.
I found this in the repair manual for 2017 Mustang:

Unbenannt.jpg

Is it possible to enable low Beam and DRL at the same time only by bridge pin 10 and 5 (edited red line)?

best regards Christian
Sponsored

mike3105

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 (pre-FL) manual GT
I'm not sure the headlight bulb and DRL bulb/lights will necessarily be running the same voltage/electrical fuzzy stuff. Isn't it easier to wire the DRL to switched live in the fuse box? That way it's just always on, headlights or not?

OP
OP

GermanEco2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost FL 2018
I'm not sure the headlight bulb and DRL bulb/lights will necessarily be running the same voltage/electrical fuzzy stuff. Isn't it easier to wire the DRL to switched live in the fuse box? That way it's just always on, headlights or not?
Hi,

i really dont know. In German forums they wrote the LED headlights have only one power line, rest is controlled by canbus and modding only possible by opening the headlight. I am not sure about that, when i look at the wiring diagram. But german comunity is very small and most dont want DRL, same as in the US.
But we like it and would like to have both switched on at the same time.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Our official DRLs are the low beams, and you can turn DRLs on and off from settings. The 'tri-bars' are on by default all the time. So if you want both, just turn DRLs on, and both should be lit after you release the parking brake. I have them off myself, so only the tri-bars light up.

OP
OP

GermanEco2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost FL 2018
Our official DRLs are the low beams, and you can turn DRLs on and off from settings. The 'tri-bars' are on by default all the time. So if you want both, just turn DRLs on, and both should be lit after you release the parking brake. I have them off myself, so only the tri-bars light up.
Oh, really? Thank you! Than i will check the settings. Hooe german an IS setting have the same options.

Gestanley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eddie
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
How do you get only tri bar lights in the auto switch position? No park no low beams.
Sponsored