chesster51

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Vehicle Showcase
I'm beginning to gather info on headers for my Bullitt and it will be a while, but should I be looking at 1-3/4 or 1-7/8 for street use? Also, which header is better fitting (clearance) than others? I see some are very close to the A/C lines.
Sponsored

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
ARH fitment is spot on. Heard good things about Kooks too. 1 7/8 is personal preference.

OP
OP
chesster51

chesster51

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Vehicle Showcase
ARH fitment is spot on. Heard good things about Kooks too. 1 7/8 is personal preference.
Thanks for the response. I think I'm leaning towards the stepped Pypes headers now.

kluke15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
Thanks for the response. I think I'm leaning towards the stepped Pypes headers now.
i got these and for the price they are pretty good. mid pipe connection leaves some to be desired but i also have aftermarket resonator. midpipes/cats will take some maneuvering to make sure they dont contact the frame and rattle. otherwise i have plenty of clearance, sound and power have been great.

remove ac nut before putting headers on and may need to shift engine slightly to make sure clearance on both side but these are "header" problems not "pypes" problems.

Armageddon Turbo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Leroy
Vehicle(s)
Twin Turbo 2014 Mustang GT

Sponsored

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2022 MACH 1 HP
Check out Krona as well. No matter which brand you get, have them ceramic coated. Ceratec Glacier coating is freakin magical stuff. This will dramatically reduce under hood temps, and make all of the plastic and rubber bits last much longer.

OP
OP
chesster51

chesster51

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Vehicle Showcase
Check out Krona as well. No matter which brand you get, have them ceramic coated. Ceratec Glacier coating is freakin magical stuff. This will dramatically reduce under hood temps, and make all of the plastic and rubber bits last much longer.
That looks like a real nice product, but they make no mention of it being a thermal barrier at all, only heat, abrasion and corrosion resistance.

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
That looks like a real nice product, but they make no mention of it being a thermal barrier at all, only heat, abrasion and corrosion resistance.
I think I misspelled it. Its called Cerakote glacier, and for sure it is a thermal barrier. I have it on my headers. I can drive for an hour, and then 3 minutes after the motor is shut off, I can touch the headers with my bare hands.

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
IMG_20180225_095236.jpg

Sponsored

JJR512

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang 50 Years LE #1523
How much does it cost to do that coating? What about exhaust wrap?

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
I had a powder coating place do it. It was about $300 if I remember for both sides. Honestly you don't really want to do a wrap. It traps moisture between the layers and against the bare metal of the header and will just create rust and eventually comes apart. This coating will last forever, and is incredibly durable, And actually provides better thermal barrier than a wrap does. it's hard to believe that something so thin could have such a dramatic effect but it really does.

JJR512

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang 50 Years LE #1523
Makes sense, thanks for the info! I assume the stuff is powder coated on, not simply sprayed on, otherwise I’d do it myself.

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Yeah I don't know
Makes sense, thanks for the info! I assume the stuff is powder coated on, not simply sprayed on, otherwise I’d do it myself.
Yeah I don't know if that's really something you could do at home or not, certainly if you had the right type of gun and air water separator and all of that. It is unlike powder coating however in that the powder coat has to be baked on afterwards whereas this stuff does not.
Sponsored