Headers and catback

Sammy123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sammy
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10 speed Auto
Being new to this platform, I'm wondering what most people are running for headers and exhaust, but still have a few questions.

1. Is an aftermarket exhaust even needed? I would be looking at one purely for performance reasons, not sound. If fact I don't want an exhaust that is obnoxiously loud. I've been looking at the Corsa sport but this exhaust is $1700 and wondering if it's worth that much over the cheaper ones I've seen online.

2. Long tube headers, I do know this is the big performance adder for NA cars. I would have thought the Corsa headers would be a good match for the Corsa sport, but I've read ARH and Kooks are the best. I'm wondering if the price difference is worth it and what's the performance difference between them. I'd be looking at this from a pure performance standpoint.

3. I've had catless exhaust on cars before and it STUNK in the cabin with the windows down, because the cats also do a job of absorbing that nasty combustion fumes. Is that still the case now with these cars? I live in Florida so I have no inspections, but I don't want that catless stink either.
Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Catted headers are fine. They will remove the stink you're talking about without taking away that much power. The high flow cats flow well at high rpms.

Corsa Sport is not $1700 and if you pay that much, you overpaid by a lot. It's more around $1200.

Headers are more about fitment. ARH has a direct 3" fit with the Corsa Sport as does Corsa with their headers. Difference probably isn't much between both. Pick one that suits your budget.

Your car is going to be LOUD. Not obnoxiously loud, but when you get on it, it's pretty damn loud. I've even got some smaller Vibrant resonators on my setup with catted headers and I still can wake the dead. The good thing is I can control it very well with my foot.

kiszl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
Tripple Yellow 2015 GT
Just switched over to stainless power catted headers and a corsa sport exhaust system last week. Coming from a flowmaster outlaw catback before this I was amazed to actually find that at idle and low revs the corsas with the headers were wayyyyy quieter. I dont need my car to be loud all the time so this setup was perfect for me. I 100 percent recommend the sport exhaust, new its expensive but you can find good deals on the forums if you're patient. If you're on the fence about headers and decide to go with the sport catback, I would buy the sports first by themselves, put those on with stock headers and see how you feel about adding headers. Going from a stock exhaust to headers and a catback system can be a huge sound jump for some people.

Also I'm in the Miami area so if you're ever in the area or at C&C west palm let me know, Would be more than happy to let you hear it for yourself.

ManBearPig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Catback is only good for like 2hp on a good day. Longtubes with the factory catback would be no problem. I’m quickly tiring of my MBRP race after the TSP longtubes went in and I’m pretty seriously considering putting the OEM catback on.

Meraki Autoworks

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.merakiautoworks.com
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP
For headers we have Kooks, Stainless Works, and Corsa.

For exhausts we have Borla, Corsa, AWE tuning, + more.

Contact us for information and pricing!

-Josh

Sponsored

OP
OP
Sammy123

Sammy123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sammy
Vehicle(s)
Catted headers are fine. They will remove the stink you're talking about without taking away that much power. The high flow cats flow well at high rpms.

Corsa Sport is not $1700 and if you pay that much, you overpaid by a lot. It's more around $1200.

Headers are more about fitment. ARH has a direct 3" fit with the Corsa Sport as does Corsa with their headers. Difference probably isn't much between both. Pick one that suits your budget.

Your car is going to be LOUD. Not obnoxiously loud, but when you get on it, it's pretty damn loud. I've even got some smaller Vibrant resonators on my setup with catted headers and I still can wake the dead. The good thing is I can control it very well with my foot.
Hmm.... which vendors carry the Corsa Sports for $1200? Checked a few and they're all in the $1600/$1700 range, unless there's some secret discounts given over privately?

OP
OP
Sammy123

Sammy123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sammy
Vehicle(s)
Catback is only good for like 2hp on a good day. Longtubes with the factory catback would be no problem. I’m quickly tiring of my MBRP race after the TSP longtubes went in and I’m pretty seriously considering putting the OEM catback on.
Seriously? No aftermarket catback gains? If that's the case, I would keep my stock catback then.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Hmm.... which vendors carry the Corsa Sports for $1200? Checked a few and they're all in the $1600/$1700 range, unless there's some secret discounts given over privately?
Reach out to Terry @beefcake They can't advertise the lowest price but I guarantee he can get you a great deal.

Draklia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Headers will get you about 15-20HP, without cats probably 15-22HP.
Sponsored