Nihil

Cowabunga
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Grey Goop
So my EB keeps getting hazy on all the inside windows, this cant just be me? I have to clean them every few weeks and it just streaks everywhere. I don't smoke in the car and its driving me nuts, never had a car get whatever this hazy film is collecting on the windows.
Sponsored

Mustm26

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
The haze is from the fumes continuing to be released by all the plastic material in the interior. One the plastics stop emitting the hazing should go away.

oilfieldtrash

likes mustangs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Civic (still love mustangs though)
I don't think it's just the plastics. It happens on old ass cars too. I think it might be due to us just emitting gas or our breath? I have a 2003 f150 and it might take a while longer but the window gets hazy too.

Finally

Old Fart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT Auto Prem Conv
The haze is from the fumes continuing to be released by all the plastic material in the interior. One the plastics stop emitting the hazing should go away.
I don't think it's just the plastics. It happens on old ass cars too. I think it might be due to us just emitting gas or our breath? I have a 2003 f150 and it might take a while longer but the window gets hazy too.
^^^ This. It's called outgassing, and it comes from plastics and other man made materials. Nothing can really be done to speed up the process, except maybe leaving the car in direct sunlight with the windows open. Still, some cars take forever to completely finish the process. Sucks big time. I've heard that some folks have had success by placing an ozone generator in their cars overnight for several days/weeks. I've never tried that, so I can't say one way or the other.

Sponsored

ElAviator72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost PP Deep Impact Blue (base 100A car)
So my EB keeps getting hazy on all the inside windows, this cant just be me? I have to clean them every few weeks and it just streaks everywhere. I don't smoke in the car and its driving me nuts, never had a car get whatever this hazy film is collecting on the windows.
Just the plasticizers in the interior finishes wearing off...perfectly normal for a new car. It takes about a year or two before the accumulation in the window becomes more "normal" ;) P.S. The more you park the car in the sun and heat, the more you will experience this. If you get it clean and garage the car, you will not experience it much. They sell special window cleaners at the auto parts store for dealing with this...they are ammonia free to keep from attacking the dashboard materials. Look in the detailing section. I've learned that it is best to put on a slight mist, and rub straight up and down to keep the streaks at a minimum.

opensesame

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Oxford Ecobeast with PP
Invest in heat rejecting window tint and Sun shade to combat this and extend the life of your interior.

ElAviator72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost PP Deep Impact Blue (base 100A car)
My previous car was a 1999 Pontiac Sunfire GT (which I bought new off the lot). The poor car lived in the sun, and never stopped making haze on the inside...it had the new car smell until about 2006 or so :) It did slow down a bit after owning it for two years, and I'm a nonsmoker.

Lowrider

Drive Fast...Live Slow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A poorman's coupe
Oh yes good point...This is the first car I've had a problem with this haze annoying thing that happens every morning. My previous cars never had such a problem and they were brand new. So I wonder how that is plastic related.

I think the Stang has just a poor ventilation design in the cabin that when your AC is not on, the heat from the motor is emitted directly in the cabin and has no exist until windows are open...hence the haze that builds up in the morning.

Arsenalslr95

V6 Tactical Operator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Cyclone
I HATE this about the car........my side windows are hazed like hell every single day and I can barely see out of them in the mornings. It gets better as the day goes on, but in the mornings its terrible. Never had this happen on my other vehicles

Sponsored

RubyRed15

Ok, so it's blue.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Premium PP
My '93 Lexus did it right up until it met its demise in 2014.

So get used to it.

The Great Gazoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Silver GT/Auto
I think the Stang has just a poor ventilation design in the cabin that when your AC is not on, the heat from the motor is emitted directly in the cabin and has no exist until windows are open...hence the haze that builds up in the morning.
Or you could say the Mustang is nicely sound and air tight. I think this is why the windows come down partially when opened.

Think of how much time you would have to escape if you drove it off a wharf! :lol:

Herr Squid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard Ecoboost Premium
Yep, the windows slime up inside, especially when it's hot.

Get yourself some of the Stoner Invisible Glass stuff and their silly-looking cleaning wand with the triangular head. Use it every couple of weeks. It looks stupid but works great.

Mustm26

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
The windows come down partially when the door is open to protect the rubber seals from damage.

ryant601

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT - Black Accent Package
I thought the plastics emitting gasses was a joke...interesting stuff.

I had always presumed it was due to driving with the windows down.
Sponsored