Sponsored

Have you blown an engine? If so, what rod (cylinder) failed?

What rod (cylinder) failed on your engine?

• Total voters

trippleyelo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford f250 turbo diesel and 2016 mustang svo
Yea doesn't surprise me it happens in stock form since most average stock owners, leases, rental companies wouldn't create accounts here to report a failure under warranty anyway. Looks like Magnetto is gona S**T his pants now especially with a 5/15 pre-build.

What was your engine build date?
were is this lad when you need him MAGNETTO come out and play..:doh:
Sponsored

trippleyelo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm talking about stock with tune, stock without tune, fully stock cars, stock engines with bolt ons and tuned, stock engines with bolt ons and untuned.

There's issue with them all from what I've seen, I know Watch my Eco and Justin, (and justa4banger?) have lists going from memory (sorry lads, I know your fb names, but not your forums as im usually a hermit to the UK page!). But it's evidently not a tuner issue.

The fact of the matter is, there's every variant failing, will a tune cause a more likely failure? probably, again depends on tuner, depends how much it's pushing, what pressure you're putting back into the car in boost etc.

You think incorrectly for "How many". How many is not accurate, percentage is.

If Adam/Lund/Ryan (PD)/Your local garage guy say tuned 1000 cars and 10 boomed, that's 1% fail rate.
Say if livernoise (and im just using names for reference) tuned 10 cars and 10 failed, that's the same amount booming as the first, however that's a 100% failure rate, see the difference now?

I'm not saying anything to better myself, I'm blunt, if I think something is sh1t, i'll say it, if I don't like something i'll say it. I have no reason to bum lick my tune and If it was proven the tune is the reason for booms, I'd evidently not have tuned it.

There's proof on facebook of people mentioning untuned cars going boom.

Cleaveland theory, not a clue, mines still strong (Cleveland block).

I'll let someone with the actual fact bother to disprove you. But as it stands, I'm aware of Stock blocks failing untuned. I'm also aware of people running a tune for their car, whacking some bolt on's on, and not tuning them in, and causing it to go boom as well.

Every theory anyone has had (Valencia engine, Tuner, Drive style, LSPI, HPFP, WOTing, Smashing gears etc) is pretty much disproved by a different user who's blown by not doing any of that.
hay mate who tuning on the other side of the pond .. stratified.. :shrug:

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
Until you can provide links or data regarding STOCK (untuned) 2.3 failures that can be traced to the first person this is a (ECU) TUNER problem. I don't know how many times we need to say that before it finally sinks in. I have provided my list of about 40 blown (ECU )TUNED failures and a single STOCK (untuned ECU) failure that can be traced back to the first person. You have provided, I saw it on Facebook?

Keep the "I read it on the internet" BS to Facebook.

Here is the only non ECU tuned failure that I can verify in over 2 years as a member of 2 EB forums. The other 40 failures are all ECU TUNED.

Mustang 2.3 12k miles -Build 10/14, Manual - stock, not tuned. Warranty covered

To date not a single person has provided a STOCK ECU engine failure link or user ID for confirmation.
Where do you get your information, from the internet right? Well I do the same. And from what I read, yes, there are stock EcoBoosts that blow as well, like the other folks said above. Unfortunately I do not have the time, or I am not willing, to create and maintain a list with all those cars that blow.

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
Most of us are tuned by Adam, although some others are tuned by local tuners (something that I would’t do).

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Im tune+ tuned, I ran a cobb ots tune for a while (stage 1) I'm now, I believe the term is "FBO" with a wga, plugs, velossa, drop in filter, ETS Intercooler, air raid MIT, CObb (Custom) downpipe (made to fit a UK RHD).

Mak's also Tune+ tuned, there's to my knowledge 4 other UK tuned cars by adam tuned. My project car (Hyperbeast) with Fortis auto design. two friends who aren't on the forum, and another guy with a red stang on the forum.

We have some "local" tuners that do tunes, but it's nothing special. This is the likes of:
Revo - Not done many uk EBMs
Dreamscience - done a few UK EBM and UK GTs however they resell the SCT x4 ots tune
Independants - no idea who, how, or what, but I'd rather have the clap than let them tune it.

Now where's this magneto f00ker gone? probably ran off realising he's wrong.

trippleyelo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nice.. well done" lucky blocks " they sound like nice rides to the both in the u.k . I could see my self driving down the street s of London with some led Zeppelin play on the radio..

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Nice.. well done" lucky blocks " they sound like nice rides to the both in the u.k . I could see my self driving down the street s of London with some led Zeppelin play on the radio..
Blokes ;)! Unless you're making a mockery of our engines :lol::lol:.

To be honest, the car drives amazing at the moment, very tame under cruise etc and a fking inhumane beast under WOT.

trippleyelo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Blokes ;)! Unless you're making a mockery of our engines :lol::lol:.

To be honest, the car drives amazing at the moment, very tame under cruise etc and a fking inhumane beast under WOT.
My bad mate..( blokes ) meaning please I read it in other forums.. I

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
My bad mate..( blokes ) meaning please I read it in other forums.. I
bloke is another term for guy/gentleman/male etc, same as 'lad' however 'lad' is a term that can mean a guy, but it can also be a term for a "Player" (or in American terms a "Jock" I think that's what movies call 'em). there's also "chap" same as "Bloke".... English lessons!:first:

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
Steve, don’t forget that [MENTION=32046]trippleyelo[/MENTION] has a big turbo under his hood. So he is happier than you and me together! :D

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
And I like Led Leppelin too :headbang:

By the way have you joined our Mustang Europe group on FB?

Maggneto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Premium PP/Navi/ZF(6R80) Shaker Pro
Where do you get your information, from the internet right? Well I do the same. And from what I read, yes, there are stock EcoBoosts that blow as well, like the other folks said above. Unfortunately I do not have the time, or I am not willing, to create and maintain a list with all those cars that blow.

Blah, Blah, Blah, I have a list that anyone can read/research and you have supplied not a single link, no supporting data, no user ids, nothing but Bullshit..

Out with it lad, where are all these STOCK non ECU tuned failures so we can all read it and make our own decisions?

So far the only place where STOCK 2.3 engines are blowing up is in your head.

There are going to be STOCK failures and there are no doubt more than a single STOCK 2.3 failure, but the number of ECU tuned failures far exceeds normal STOCK failure rates IMO. How many GT's and GT350 have been lost in STOCK form?

We are now up to 3 or 4 STOCK failures that can be traced back to the first person. That is still well shy of the over 40+ ECU tuned failures that can be traced back to the first person.

So out of all the known 2.3 failures that can be traced back to the first person less than 10% have been STOCK and 90% were ECU tuned but somehow this is not a tuner issue? What a crock of shite.
Sponsored

Last edited: