Sponsored

Have you blown an engine? If so, what rod (cylinder) failed?

What rod (cylinder) failed on your engine?

• Total voters

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
I told you, I don’t care making lists. I don’t have time, maybe you have, so go join a few FB groups and read about it.

And don’t forget that the percentage of people who have their cars tuned and beat on them in forums and FB groups related to the Mustang are much, MUCH higher than the general population of Mustang owners. So it is normal to read reports about tuned engines that have blown at a higher percentage than stock engines. Still, it is not 90% as you say. It’s lower than that, although I cannot say what the actual percentage is, because as I told you, I prefer to have a life (and enjoy my fast tuned car when I have free time) than start making lists. However, there are several reports of blown stock engines, there is at least one in this thread alone IIRC, just go back a few posts.

So I would suggest that you do your homework properly before going from one thread to the other in this forum with the purpose to force your opinion and attack people who disagree with your analysis, which by the way is wrong.

I am not gonna take this any further because I don’t want to be the reason that this thread has derailed.
Sponsored

Maggneto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Premium PP/Navi/ZF(6R80) Shaker Pro
I told you, I don’t care making lists. I don’t have time, maybe you have, so go join a few FB groups and read about it.

And don’t forget that the percentage of people who have their cars tuned and beat on them in forums and FB groups related to the Mustang are much, MUCH higher than the general population of Mustang owners. So it is normal to read reports about tuned engines that have blown at a higher percentage than stock engines. Still, it is not 90% as you say. It’s lower than that, although I cannot say what the actual percentage is, because as I told you, I prefer to have a life (and enjoy my fast tuned car when I have free time) than start making lists. However, there are several reports of blown stock engines, there is at least one in this thread alone IIRC, just go back a few posts.

So I would suggest that you do your homework properly before going from one thread to the other in this forum with the purpose to force your opinion and attack people who disagree with your analysis, which by the way is wrong.

I am not gonna take this any further because I don’t want to be the reason that this thread has derailed.
Oh Boy, you are really telling me, the person who has a list of blown engines that everyone can read for themselves to do my homework while providing ZERO data? Wow, you should take you own advise and not take this any further as you have no actual data to share to back up your claims.

I am not forcing my opinion on anyone. I am sharing all the information I have on the subject and asking those who are making claims to share their data and I get attacked for it because you are too lazy to do your own homework?

You can believe whatever you want to believe, but don't get all bent out of shape when someone asks you to back up your claims with data.

trippleyelo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford f250 turbo diesel and 2016 mustang svo
Oh Boy, you are really telling me, the person who has a list of blown engines that everyone can read for themselves to do my homework while providing ZERO data? Wow, you should take you own advise and not take this any further as you have no actual data to share to back up your claims.

I am not forcing my opinion on anyone. I am sharing all the information I have on the subject and asking those who are making claims to share their data and I get attacked for it because you are too lazy to do your own homework?

You can believe whatever you want to believe, but don't get all bent out of shape when someone asks you to back up your claims with data.
Hay mate...

I was wondering do you tune cars for living don't take this wrong
But from what I was reading we're all here to learn from one another that is what a forum do.

Thank you for your contributions..

Turbong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR EB 6MT PP Recaros
Blah, Blah, Blah, I have a list that anyone can read/research and you have supplied not a single link, no supporting data, no user ids, nothing but Bullshit..

Out with it lad, where are all these STOCK non ECU tuned failures so we can all read it and make our own decisions?

So far the only place where STOCK 2.3 engines are blowing up is in your head.

There are going to be STOCK failures and there are no doubt more than a single STOCK 2.3 failure, but the number of ECU tuned failures far exceeds normal STOCK failure rates IMO. How many GT's and GT350 have been lost in STOCK form?

We are now up to 3 or 4 STOCK failures that can be traced back to the first person. That is still well shy of the over 40+ ECU tuned failures that can be traced back to the first person.

So out of all the known 2.3 failures that can be traced back to the first person less than 10% have been STOCK and 90% were ECU tuned but somehow this is not a tuner issue? What a crock of shite.

So you based your brilliant conclusion solely on counting 40 tuned failures on a forum mostly comprised of enthusiasts who mod. Well gee thank you for your amazing in depth data of 1+1, you sure your not a Nobel winning statistician? I guess we can now close the books on the case of failures since the amazing Mangetto has solved this mystery, hopefully the largest percentage of owners out there can figure out to come here and read your amazing data on 1+1 and be at ease that their stock mustangs wont blow up and now they can sleep at night.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Something tells me, nobody likes Maggneto ;D

Sponsored

Maggneto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Premium PP/Navi/ZF(6R80) Shaker Pro
Hay mate...

I was wondering do you tune cars for living don't take this wrong
But from what I was reading we're all here to learn from one another that is what a forum do.

Thank you for your contributions..
You are new here so let me give you a quick run down of how we got here.

I joined this forum specifically to learn about the Ecoboost failures 1.5 years ago after reading about the failures on another Ecoboost forum. All of the failures were tuned but that didn't stop some from blaming Ford.

One tuner in particular blamed poor build quality at Valencia and people started to spread rumors about Spanish engines being poorly built. These same people started saying that Cleveland built engines were superior and could be tuned without blowing the engine.

I called this tuner/group out (after reading a Facebook post about Spanish build quality concerns) and asked for proof of build quality and differences between Valencia and Cleveland. I got a laundry list of differences but no part numbers, no physical evidence, etc to show a difference in build quality that would cause one to fail more often than the other. When I questioned the validity of the response I was attacked by the minions of the tuner in question. Interestingly, shortly after this exchange the Facebook Mustang Ecoboost Forum went from Public to Private so we could no longer mine engine failure data from the Facebook group forum.

Anywho, fast forward to the present and ECU tuned Cleveland engines are failing at an alarming rate and the tuners minions are still attacking me when I call them out for making claims about Valencia engines or STOCK engines failing at a high rate.

We should all have the same goal here, expose any engine defect and force Ford to fix it. That is only possible if OEM engines are failing at a higher than expected/normal rate.

So if we strip out all the ECU tuned failures we are left with a very small number of OEM failures that don't appear to be out of the ordinary. If this was the total number of known failures we would not be talking about it.

Stock OEM non ECU failures

Mustang 2.3
ThunderHorse (X2)
and possibly a couple on Facebook

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
you changed your tune from "zermarged theres onli 1 stock non tuned guy who blew".

Let me add a bit of context to all this.

Add all tuned engines up, all stock engines, workout the percetile vs total EBM sold (worldwide) if number is less than 5% it's well below MAXIMUM levels of production tolerance for failures.

Also add in most people on forums, fb groups etc are more likely modders or enthusiast you'll see a high er disparity of blown motors on modded to stock. If we had fords numbers (if everyone was honest) this would be a walk in the park for figuring it out.

are the numbers out through FOIA? Can anyone in USA ask ford for them?I mean just number of failures and total EBMs sold worldwide?

trippleyelo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You are new here so let me give you a quick run down of how we got here.

I joined this forum specifically to learn about the Ecoboost failures 1.5 years ago after reading about the failures on another Ecoboost forum. All of the failures were tuned but that didn't stop some from blaming Ford.

One tuner in particular blamed poor build quality at Valencia and people started to spread rumors about Spanish engines being poorly built. These same people started saying that Cleveland built engines were superior and could be tuned without blowing the engine.

I called this tuner/group out (after reading a Facebook post about Spanish build quality concerns) and asked for proof of build quality and differences between Valencia and Cleveland. I got a laundry list of differences but no part numbers, no physical evidence, etc to show a difference in build quality that would cause one to fail more often than the other. When I questioned the validity of the response I was attacked by the minions of the tuner in question. Interestingly, shortly after this exchange the Facebook Mustang Ecoboost Forum went from Public to Private so we could no longer mine engine failure data from the Facebook group forum.

Anywho, fast forward to the present and ECU tuned Cleveland engines are failing at an alarming rate and the tuners minions are still attacking me when I call them out for making claims about Valencia engines or STOCK engines failing at a high rate.

We should all have the same goal here, expose any engine defect and force Ford to fix it. That is only possible if OEM engines are failing at a higher than expected/normal rate.

So if we strip out all the ECU tuned failures we are left with a very small number of OEM failures that don't appear to be out of the ordinary. If this was the total number of known failures we would not be talking about it.

Stock OEM non ECU failures

Mustang 2.3
ThunderHorse (X2)
and possibly a couple on Facebook
Ok..

Point taken well done mate..

NOW WE ARE GETTING SOMEWHERE..:thumbsup:

trippleyelo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
And I like Led Leppelin too :headbang:

By the way have you joined our Mustang Europe group on FB?
Dude sorry one of my favorite English rock group and can't spell what a whanker I am .lol ( "working on it" the speed are Congress works)

Last edited:

Sponsored

trippleyelo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok we need to clean this up boys it could be shut down there's thousands of people looking at.this thread "who are looking at this.." I would think every TUNER would love that..

Yes democracy rules let's get on the same page.

Last edited:

trippleyelo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Steve, don’t forget that [MENTION=32046]trippleyelo[/MENTION] has a big turbo under his hood. So he is happier than you and me together! :D
Yes..

Pushing the stock block with 420 to the wheels on corn and meth torque 440 too, so we will see ' not a daily ! weekend only with track nights and 29,000 miles on her tuned from day one (CLEVELAND) block not that it matters.lol

Now with the gfb d+ stacked she should get tire of the ground..

Last edited:

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
Yes..

Pushing the stock block with 420 to the wheels on corn and meth torque 440 too, so we will see ' not a daily ! weekend only with track nights and 29,000 miles on her tuned from day one (CLEVELAND) block not that it matters.lol

Now with the gfb d+ stacked she should get tire of the ground..
Holly sh1t man! 420whp/440wtq?! That’s a monster. Do you have a built motor, or still stock? Would you mind sharing your setup, your mods list apart from the Vargas 2?

Now [MENTION=20131]Manders Mustang[/MENTION] this is what I call powaaaaah :headbang:

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
So you based your brilliant conclusion solely on counting 40 tuned failures on a forum mostly comprised of enthusiasts who mod. Well gee thank you for your amazing in depth data of 1+1, you sure your not a Nobel winning statistician? I guess we can now close the books on the case of failures since the amazing Mangetto has solved this mystery, hopefully the largest percentage of owners out there can figure out to come here and read your amazing data on 1+1 and be at ease that their stock mustangs wont blow up and now they can sleep at night.
This is exactly my point, these forums and FB groups are mainly comprised of Mustang enthusiasts who mod and tune their cars, plus the fact that people who mod are in their vast majority people who beat on their cars. Indeed, if you are tuned/modded and you often track your car or race/drive it in the redline, you increase the likelihood of an engine failure.

What we need in order to come to a conclusion is what [MENTION=20131]Manders Mustang[/MENTION] said: does anyone have access to the actual number of EBs sold worldwide and, if possible the total number of failures?

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
This is exactly my point, these forums and FB groups are mainly comprised of Mustang enthusiasts who mod and tune their cars, plus the fact that people who mod are in their vast majority people who beat on their cars. Indeed, if you are tuned/modded and you often track your car or race/drive it in the redline, you increase the likelihood of an engine failure.

What we need in order to come to a conclusion is what @Manders Mustang said: does anyone have access to the actual number of EBs sold worldwide and, if possible the total number of failures?
Ford will, although usually with FOIA requests data comes through a bit shoddy, so request has to be very specific such as "how many mustangs have needed a replace motor" rather than "How many mustangs have had warranty work or engine work done" (Which would include things like the crank case oil leak on the front etc.

He's making some serious power, some serious power I don't even want to attempt to go near on the stock block on a daily, I think I'm at my peak :amen:.
Sponsored