Sponsored

Have an R on order at sticker price, Recaros are NOT going to work out, advice needed

thaext

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Leet Pony
As the title says, I have a R on order at sticker price and I always thought that the Recaros wouldn't work out and I confirmed tonight that the Recaros aren't going to work one bit.

My inner thigh sits on the bolsters and after spending a good half hour sitting in it, I begin to felt discomfort on my way home. Some people have told me to swap the seats and I can pocket cash, cause the R seats are quite valuable. What would you do in my situation. I still have a non-R on order at invoice that has the leather seats, but I kinda like the R cause I don't have to mod it whatsoever i.e. resonator delete
Sponsored

oldbmwfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
If you plan to keep the car stock otherwise, and have some dry storage, just put the R seats in bags & boxes and keep them. Reinstall the perfect, brand-new seats when you go to sell the car down the road. If you plan to make other mods and originality doesn't matter to you, then sell the seats. I'm sure someone will want them and pay a good price. Don't over-think it; make the car enjoyable for you to own and use the way you want.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
If you plan to keep the car stock otherwise, and have some dry storage, just put the R seats in bags & boxes and keep them. Reinstall the perfect, brand-new seats when you go to sell the car down the road. If you plan to make other mods and originality doesn't matter to you, then sell the seats. I'm sure someone will want them and pay a good price. Don't over-think it; make the car enjoyable for you to own and use the way you want.
This is exactly what I would recommend as well. Just get some seats that fit you better. The Recaros aren't for me either. The tech seats or regular Mustang seats are fine for track use with a harness.

Sponsored

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
As the title says, I have a R on order at sticker price and I always thought that the Recaros wouldn't work out and I confirmed tonight that the Recaros aren't going to work one bit.

My inner thigh sits on the bolsters and after spending a good half hour sitting in it, I begin to felt discomfort on my way home. Some people have told me to swap the seats and I can pocket cash, cause the R seats are quite valuable. What would you do in my situation. I still have a non-R on order at invoice that has the leather seats, but I kinda like the R cause I don't have to mod it whatsoever i.e. resonator delete
My .02 is to get the R. Because, well, R... Buy the replacement seat. Keep the original R seat for when/if you might sell it.

I am Jeff

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
FBO C63, Ram 1500 Ecodiesel, 18' LB GT350, 19' Performance Blue GT350R
If you have the ability to purchase the R at sticker, I would go for that one since it is custom ordered to your spec. You can always buy seats from a GT premium package for normal driving around.

jcl78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium / PP1 / MT-82
Vehicle Showcase
I will third the opinion to keep the R, store the seats if staying stock, sell if not. I purposely passed on Recaros because they wouldn't work for me.

mrbillwot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
'19 Kona Blue w/blk roof & blk stripes GT350, 89 LX5.0 Sedan (Mustangs Past: 69's Coupe, Mach 1, & GT)
You probably already know that Jay Leno did.. He had it built like that from the factory :p
Yes, but the difference is that's still stock or a SO for a VIP

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
You probably already know that Jay Leno did.. He had it built like that from the factory :p
And he kept the recaros and put them in storage. I would keep the seats and put them aside for if/when you want to sell the car. Just as if you were missing the CF wheels, selling an R without the R recaros wouldn't be an easy sell.

Sponsored

datadatum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT350
I did the same thing when shopping. I'm 6'1"/200, and the Recaros were quite snug. Having owned racing seats before, I knew they would be too snug for comfortable daily driving. Watching Leno's review confirmed that there is no shame in having the "comfort" seats.

My advice is to switch to the non-R. You'll save the headache of swapping out seats, and still get 99% of the performance. A resonator delete is something any muffler shop can do.

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
There is another option. Ford Performance has another seat branded as such. It is a recaro but, is wider at the base

nordique14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Magnetic Gray (J1601)
Keepi in mind too that just swapping seats does not get you the full functionality of the comfort seats. You would not be able to use the heat/cooling without a lot of retrofit. Resonator delete is very easy.

OP
OP
thaext

thaext

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Leet Pony
So, is the consensus that I don't even bother trying to retrofit anything? I have been in contact with mpr perfromance about possibly doing a retrofit to getting heated/cooled functionality working.